Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Won a dozen arrows, help me decide which to pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won a dozen arrows, help me decide which to pick?

I entered a small archery big buck contest at a local bow shop. It ended up that there were only two bucks entered including mine (took second place for a dozen free arrows) I am currently shooting the last of my beeman ics hunter elites which are no longer produced. I picked up 18 Easton axis carbon infused FMJ arrows when wolf outdoors went out of business for really cheep and had planned on switching to those after this deer season. Now I have a problem and have to make a decision. I don't think I need two and a half dozen arrows. I have not really arrow shopped in a long time because I was really happy with my elites and then found the axis fmj at a price I could not turn down. I am not sure whether to sell the 18 fmj arrows and keep a dozen (higher end) arrows I won or keep the 18 fmj's and sell the dozen high end arrows?

Question 1: How do you like the Easton Axis N-fused arrows? Are they a good mix of penetration and speed? How well is the Durability? How well do they stay true)

question 2: What other arrows (Easton lines and Beeman lines) would you all recommend?

question 3: Should I just get a dozen more and have arrows for the next three years? :-)

my set up:
    09 hoyt turbohawk
    shooting 63 lbs at a 28 inch draw

purpose: Mostly hunting deer and pigs with some target practice. Looking for medium speed and medium penetration.

Sorry for the long read; feel free to ask me anything else i did not include.

Thanks for your help.

Eagles 405
    Last edited by eagles405; 11-05-2013, 04:36 PM.

Beman Speed 400's...

Comment

You just as well have enough for the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        Beman Speed 400's...
        What do you like about these arrows?

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        You just as well have enough for the next 3 years.
        Do you have any experience with the carbon n-fused fmj's? What do you think of them? Thanks This is kind off what I am leaning towards right now.

Eagles 405

Comment

What are the arrows you won? Or did I miss that? The FMJ's are BADAZZ arrows man. I'd probably keep them and sell the others

Comment

I'd just get a dozen more of the same kind of arrows as you are already shooting.

Comment

I love axis arrows. Been great to me.

Comment

easton axis-i love mine
                havent shot the beemans but im sure they are all great
                seriously cant go wrong with either

Comment

Easton axis, love mine also!

Comment

I'm not a fan of FMJs because I'm a speed freak, so my vote goes to beman speeds

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                      What are the arrows you won? Or did I miss that? The FMJ's are BADAZZ arrows man. I'd probably keep them and sell the others
                      It is one dozen of my choice of any arrows they have in stock at the store. They carry Easton and Beeman lines.

Comment

The buck that won me the dozen arrows. Davy Crockett National Forest taken last day of archery season. Aged the Jaw to be 3.5 by myself, two wildlife prof at SFASU, and a research biologist with 20 plus years of whitetail specific research.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Easton axis n-fused are some solid arrows and have shot great for me out of my heli-m set at 70#.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles405 View Post

Do you have any experience with the carbon n-fused fmj's? What do you think of them? Thanks This is kind off what I am leaning towards right now.

Eagles 405
                            Sorry I don't. People say they are great arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles405 View Post

Eagles 405
                              I own both. I shoot Speeds off my compound. I shoot FMJ's off my recurve because when I stump, rabbit, squirrel shoot and bang em off stuff I dont have to worry about if one wilk snap later on when I shoot it again. They do bend tho. Thats what I dont like about em and I dont like an arrow that heavy on my compound. I left Maxima Selects to go to the speeds. They have turned out to be just as tough and group just as well and cost less. They are almost the exact same weight as my Maximas were. They have a super slick finish and are very quiet on a rest. I love em. I have already put several of em thru deer shoulders and had to dig em out of the dirt after passing thru. Easy to get more later on as well. They are basically an Easton Flatline with a different name.

Comment

Working...
                              X