Poor mans spotting scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor mans spotting scope

Alright folks, this question may be seem ridiculous but i am curious. What would you guys suggest as to a cheap (by cheap i mean $$$ not integrity) spotting scope that is worth the purchase?

Not a barska, that's all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
      Not a barska, that's all I got.
      Haha awesome. Its a start. Thanks bud.

Comment

Vortex and send a pm to arrowsmith

Comment

hawke wouldn't be a bad idea to look at.?

Comment

I have a burris xts 2575
            It's pretty good and didn't break the bank. Just understand this isn't a 2k spotting scope so don't plan on the glass being that

Comment

Vortex nomad got very good reviews, if its used for more than looking at groups on the 100 yard range I would look at this price point.

Comment

How cheap? The older entry level Burris Compacts are good. They've discontinued them, but they are still occasionally on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BURRIS-COMPA...item485c1d602b

In the same vein some of the older Bushnell stuff is good and pretty cheap. I inherited one from my f-i-l that is decent.

But if you can spend a few hundred bucks, you'll really move up in quality. Nikon has revamped its line now, but I've got one of the last generation Nikon Prostaff spotting scopes and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think I've got about $400 total in it including the tabletop tripod and extended eye relief eye piece. It's like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Prosta...item51a6a149be

But this can be a lifetime purchase. You can get a low end Kowa for less than a grand.

LWD

Comment

You can find Winchester spotters for around $50 but I'd say they're only good for a couple hundred yards use.
                  Basically anything that says china on the bottom will usually be cheap.

Comment

The Vortex Nomad has been re-placed/renamed the Diamondback. It comes in 20-60x60 angled and straight and 20-60x80 angled and straight. These are great scopes. I will get you the best price you will find.

Check them out here:

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Define cheap. I've been through a bunch of em from $69 to $599.

Comment

I have one of these that I've used for about 10 years without any complaints, but get rid of that cheesy tripod shown in the pic--

Comment

Vortex. my uncle had one and its amazing

Comment

I have but just sold a 20-60x60 straight diamondback, its a great spotter. Very packable, and even on 60x I don't think you will find a clearer spotter in its price range. With that said I'm going with the razor hd 11-33x50 mainly just to give me more room in my pack in the high country, and will fit great in my center console in my truck when hunting every where else

Comment

I just purchased a new spotting scope after getting back from out west this past September chasing mule deer I realized my Nikon prostaff was not getting the job done. It was not very packable and not very good in low light conditions.

I spent hours researching and looking through other scopes. I bit the bullet and purchased the leupold gold ring. I have been extremely happy with it. Gathers tons of light and very packable because of its shape.

Buy once cry once
                              .Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383777072098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	24261631

Comment

Working...
                              X