Feeder motor help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder motor help!!!

Down here at the ranch and I'm getting a "jam" error on my timer display. In the past its always been something stuck in the funnel or corrosion that freezes the motor/spin plate up but this time the spin plate spins like butter. Nothing is touching the plate. Also switched batteries. Both 100%. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Try spraying some WD40 where the axle comes out of the housing box underneath the spinner. I had one do the same thing and this worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
      Try spraying some WD40 where the axle comes out of the housing box underneath the spinner. I had one do the same thing and this worked for me.
      First thing I did. Nada. Thanks.

Comment

Change motor bad just went threw same thing.

Comment

NTex beat me to it. Except I was gonna suggest PB Blaster since it won't evaporate or wash off with moisture.

Comment

Cowboy, I had one that was doing the same thing. I didn't have a spare and wouldn't be able to get back for a while. So I connected motor direct to battery and spun the snot out of it, while my BIL gave it a good squirt or 7 or 8 of PB Blaster where the shaft exits the motor. Did that a couple of times and motor has worked fine since. If the motor will spin when connected direct to battery, but not when connected to timer, this should work.

Comment

Figures the day before rifle season opens your feeder takes a dump!! I was hoping the quick fix would work. I have one that says short after it attempts to spin. I rewired it and still no luck.

Next year I am going to try the more expensive Cadillac feeders.

Comment

Sounds like you have a Wild Game Innovations timer--they are infamous for the problem you describe. Also happens with ones by Moultrie that are WGI with Moultrie name on it. Only fix I know of is a sledgehammer and a new timer.

Comment

If it's a wildgame motor and timer then the motor is bad. I just changed one out today. Called them and they said it means the motor is bad and that they've been having a lot of issues with them. I just ordered all new HCR timers and motors so I don't ever have to deal with wildgame again.

Comment

Working...
                  X