Bowtech insanity question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech insanity question...

So I've decided that I need to do more testing to find out if my vector 32 is really the bow for me. I have shot the bowtech experience, and it was great, and I liked the back wall much more than my vector. My vector draws smoother than any other bow I've shot, but I have this voice in my head saying find a better back wall. I like the experience, but want to trade straight for a bow, so the insanity is what i have my sights on. Does the insanity draw as smooth as the experience?? Does bowtech deliver on ibo speeds like hoyt?? I feel stupid posting this, and I know I'll get reamed for buying a bow that I turned around and traded, but I just gotta know what I could be missing

I shot every make and model I could get my hands on. I had to before a dropped
    A grand!!I went with the Insanity CPXL.
    I shoot a 31.5" draw. It had the best wall,draw cycle and best speed out of any I shot. Absolutely Shock free and quiet.
    I can't see where the archery industry can I'mprove much more over this bow EXCEPT on the limb finish. It's a little wimpy. I baby mine and still have some small spots of flaking.
    This does not affect anything performance wise though.

Comment

I shoot a 2013 Elite Hunter and a couple weeks ago my cousin bought a bowtech Insanity and I was very impressed at how smooth the draw was. Very fast and quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        I shot every make and model I could get my hands on. I had to before a dropped
        A grand!!I went with the Insanity CPXL.
        I shoot a 31.5" draw. It had the best wall,draw cycle and best speed out of any I shot. Absolutely Shock free and quiet.
        I can't see where the archery industry can I'mprove much more over this bow EXCEPT on the limb finish. It's a little wimpy. I baby mine and still have some small spots of flaking.
        This does not affect anything performance wise though.
        Bowtech has always had issues with their finishes, it's pretty disappointing that they haven't addressed this.

Comment

My Insanity CPXL is S M O O T H. Love this bow! Can't wait to get it a sight and get it in the woods.

Comment

I shoot an Insanity. I feel the Experience edges out a little on smooth of draw cycle....barely. Over all Its the best bow I've owned....but the experience is every bit as good (IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
              So I've decided that I need to do more testing to find out if my vector 32 is really the bow for me. I have shot the bowtech experience, and it was great, and I liked the back wall much more than my vector. My vector draws smoother than any other bow I've shot, but I have this voice in my head saying find a better back wall. I like the experience, but want to trade straight for a bow, so the insanity is what i have my sights on. Does the insanity draw as smooth as the experience?? Does bowtech deliver on ibo speeds like hoyt?? I feel stupid posting this, and I know I'll get reamed for buying a bow that I turned around and traded, but I just gotta know what I could be missing
              Insanity draws good, but I've not seen one hit 355.
              More like a 345 bow.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Bowtech has always had issues with their finishes, it's pretty disappointing that they haven't addressed this.
                I hear you. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that NOTHING sticks to a shiney gloss finish. The white fiberglass under the paint shines like a piece of glass.

Comment

Anybody think I could break 300 fps with 70# 28" draw and 350 grain arrow with the insanity?

Comment

I shoot a invasion #72lbs, 28" draw and a 385grain arrow, cronos 301 and cinnamon creek
                    The insanity and invasion are both sweet bows, I went with the invasion for the shorter axle to axle, since I hunt out of pop ups.

Comment

Anybody think I could break 300 fps with 70# 28" draw and 350 grain arrow with the insanity?
                      You will be close.I'm at 290fps with 440 gr. at 72#'s 31.5" draw.
                      And dead quiet!!
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 10-30-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I'm shooting 62# at 28" 388-390gr. 288-289fps...........so yeah. You will blow the doors off 300fps

IF you got an arrow to spine right at 350gr you will be around 320 depending on what you put on string. 345fps bow-20fps for the 2" on draw- peep= 320ish
                        Last edited by Low Fence; 10-30-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I'm at 311 fps set at 29"draw and 72lb pull with a 355gr arrow.

Comment

Mine is shooting 320 fps....71 lb @ 29 in with a 395 grain arrow

Comment

The Exsperience is actually shooting as fast if not faster than the insanity, and that with a longer BH and smoother draw. And it's my understanding that they fixes the finish issue with the Exsperience. Hands down a better bow than the Insanity, and the Insanity is a fricken awesome bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X