Co worker near miss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co worker near miss!

A co worker of mine was shooting his bow today (brand new diamond) and is string broke where it connects to the cam sending the string buzzing by his face. He also strained his shoulder in the process.

The loop that attaches to the cam frayed into with less than 200 shots through the bow. What causes this? How do I or any one else avoid the same thing happening?

What Diamond bow is it?

Comment

I want to say outlaw but not 100 percent sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
        What Diamond bow is it?
        The broken one.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
          A co worker of mine was shooting his bow today (brand new diamond) and is string broke where it connects to the cam sending the string buzzing by his face. He also strained his shoulder in the process.

The loop that attaches to the cam frayed into with less than 200 shots through the bow. What causes this? How do I or any one else avoid the same thing happening?
          There was a burr or a nick it don't take much, I has one where the powder coating was thin that caused the wear.
          take the bow apart and use a dermal tool with a buffing wheel and do all the touching surfaces.
          Use a q tip and see if anything "pulls" cotton feathers from a rough area or a nick.

Comment

That's correct. The broken one. Lol
            Ill check that if he brings it in at shift change.
            Can something like that injure you? There is a lot of power there with a 70# draw.

Comment

I just had a red head blackout (re badged diamond outlaw) come apart on me during the draw. I lucked out because the module on the cam broke causing the string to pop off the cam. When researching the problem, I saw a lot of stories of broken strings caused by the stop peg rubbing the string during the draw. I checked mine out and noticed it was slightly frayed.

Comment

Yep I have the fugitive and I have the same issues. Went with custom strings and helped a little. Stop peg is what does it.

Comment

Jody check the cams for warp. When my string broke in August it warped my cam.

Comment

Ok. He went and bought a mission craze. They said it would be 3 weeks to get the other one fixed. Thanks guys!

Comment

I've seen this first hand, a podna of mine had it happen. After inspecting then bow we realized that a small rock shaving had lodged between then loop and loop peg and worn the string. The shaving was still imbedded in the string and there were marks on the peg were it was stuck. Glad he is over all ok

Comment

ouch

Comment

What was the outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            What was the outcome?
                            Not sure. He took it to the shop. They said it would be about 3 weeks before they could get to it.

Comment

Only problem I see is the time he was told to fix this bow. If this bow was bought at this shop and he is a customer of this shop, then he would be shooting a bow off the rack set up for him until his other was done. 3 weeks seems like a long time, but if this bow was not bought at this shop and was mail ordered, then that could be a different story. Sorry for the problem and glad he was not hurt. I have seen a lot of bows blow up, lots more when we torutred them with super lightweight arrows and not near the technology and materials they have now and I have never seen anything more than a little blood drawn from a blow up. Try shooting a cast aluminum riser bow with some medium hard cams with a 2013 aluminum arrow and a 125 grain NIB at a 30" draw and 80#'s. Talk about noise and a bow coming apart, seen many of them. it will take someone old to understand what i just said about the specs I just printed!

Comment

Working...
                              X