So my bowstring just broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary to have this happen.

I'd replace them with a set of quality aftermarket strings. Korbin is a sponsor here, and a heck of a nice guy. He builds a good string. There are others as well, of course.

Quality custom strings will change how the bow shoots for the better. Factory strings leave some to be desired in many cases. It was dramatic the difference it made on my daughter's Hoyt.

Comment

Just wanted to wrap this up with the fact that CCR and Hoyt got me new strings put on today no questions asked. I walked in and talked to the guy who deals with Hoyt. He said "yep, I was just just talking with Hoyt rep about this, but this is the first one I've actually seen"

I run the warranty dept for a manufacturer so I understand that stuff happens sometimes even to good companies and good products. Glad to see they made it right. Glad I don't need a rifle this weekend.

That being said I'm ordering some custom strings and will keep these for backup in the future.

Comment

I bought my charger in feb it did the same thing while shooting techno at on target in canton hoyt sent them a new set of strings said didn't know why it did that though but hoyt will fix for free

Comment

I had my string break on release on my Spyder 30 also. Took it to Wheelers in Boerne they wouldnt replace the string had me buy a new one and charged me an arm and a leg. Needless to say wont be going back there again.

Comment

You have to watch for wear where the cams roll over and don't wax where the serving is, only on exposed string. Keeping your bow out of direct sun light and away from moisture as much as possibly. Glad your ok!

Comment

Glad you are okay.

Comment

Working...
              X