Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the story on the Bowtech Blacknight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's the story on the Bowtech Blacknight...

Bowtech has dropped the suggested retail from $850 to $550 and basically screwed all the dealers who bought the bow at the original wholesale price. I talked to two different shops today who are not at all happy about it. Did this bow just not sell? Seems like a nice bow for $550.
    Last edited by ultrastealth; 10-28-2013, 09:29 PM. Reason: misspelled

My buddy bought one this weekend after I told him about the price drop. I shot it last night. It shot really good. Smooth draw, quiet, little to no hand shock, solid back wall. Definitely worth $550 if you are looking for a new bow. It feels like a toy it is so light. It took a little getting used to. To me, the weight difference was most noticeable at full draw. I'm surprised they didn't sell well if that is the case. Especially when the only competitors are the Hoyts at what? 3 to 4 hundred more than the original price?

Comment

I think I will pick up a used one next year for about $350 or so if the MSRP does not go back up.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        My buddy bought one this weekend after I told him about the price drop. I shot it last night. It shot really good. Smooth draw, quiet, little to no hand shock, solid back wall. Definitely worth $550 if you are looking for a new bow. It feels like a toy it is so light. It took a little getting used to. To me, the weight difference was most noticeable at full draw. I'm surprised they didn't sell well if that is the case. Especially when the only competitors are the Hoyts at what? 3 to 4 hundred more than the original price?
        The Hoyts are supposedly superior because they use linear carbon fibers. The Bowtechs use small pieces of carbon within a resin matrix. This is supposedly much less strong, but, if it holds up, who cares?

Comment

I shot it at CCR the other day while trying out 7 bows. It came in second behind the bow I purchased. I ended up with the Hoyt Spyder 30.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh CARBON Knight.....got ya.

Comment

I bet they are still making money selling them at $550 and buying them at the original wholesale price. If not, they will make a lot more money in volume sales at the new price once they start buying them at the new wholesale price I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                I bet they are still making money selling them at $550 and buying them at the original wholesale price. If not, they will make a lot more money in volume sales at the new price once they start buying them at the new wholesale price I'm sure.
                Still....you buy a certain number of bows (say 15) at X amount and expect to sell them for X amount, then the manufacturer tells you that you have to sell them $400 cheaper and eat the loss on the premise that you'll sell a bunch more of them at the discounted price and it'll make up for it in the long term?? That dog wouldn't hunt with me but there isn't anything they (the dealers) can do about it except take a big old bite of the poop sandwich and try to swallow it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  Wrong.
                  The original shipments cost dealers more than $550.
                  It'll all work out.

Comment

I love my assassin but I can shoot a black knight I don't want to fall in love.

Comment

I would hope that Bowtech took care of their dealers

I have considered trying one myself

Comment

I cannt keep them instock.

Comment

I feel like Bowtech owes me $300. Kinda makes me wish i had bought a Mathews.......kinda.

Comment

They weren't selling due to the Exsperience explosion so they dropped the price to put it in a different bracket. But it's a very nice bow, too light for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                              I feel like Bowtech owes me $300. Kinda makes me wish i had bought a Mathews.......kinda.
                              Call bowtech customer service and see what they can do for you. Was talking to our rep today.

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                              They weren't selling due to the Exsperience explosion so they dropped the price to put it in a different bracket. But it's a very nice bow, too light for me.
                              I don't know about that one. I pretty sure this was their plan the day they released the carbon Knight.

Comment

Working...
                              X