CBE Sight Gauge Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBE Sight Gauge Tool

Anyone know how to properly use the sight gauge tool to determine which sight tape to use? I have a 3-pin Tek Hybrid and sighted in the top at 20 yards, middle at 30 and bottom at 40. I want to use the bottom pin to go out in distance but I'm not sure how to determine which sight tape to use. CBE doesn't include very good instructions on setup.

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
    Anyone know how to properly use the sight gauge tool to determine which sight tape to use? I have a 3-pin Tek Hybrid and sighted in the top at 20 yards, middle at 30 and bottom at 40. I want to use the bottom pin to go out in distance but I'm not sure how to determine which sight tape to use. CBE doesn't include very good instructions on setup.

I think it's 30 and 60 actually. Sight your bottom pin at 30, mark the tape, sight it in at 60 and mark the tape. Use the tool to determine sight tape number via the distance of those two marks. Move sight up until top pin is on 20. Then align pins for 30 & 40 You be good to go after that

Comment

Raw did you figure it out?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to run it out to 60 yet as I've been getting ready for the duck opener this weekend. However, your advice seems to makes sense. I'll let you know how it works out when I get a chance to shoot again. Anything over 40 is really just for fun target shooting. I don't plan on shooting any animals out that far so I haven't been in too much of a hurry to get it going yet.

Comment

It is 30 and 60 then you just match your marks for 30 and 60 with the lines on the sight gauge tool and then cut the proper sight tape and apply it in the proper location. If you want pm me for my # and I can talk you through it

Comment

I haven't used one of the pre made tapes yet but I sighted my 5 pin Tek Hybrid at 10 yd increments (out to 80yds) and just marked the blank tape with a sharp pencil. I'm guessing I could hold the pre-fab tapes up against my pencil marks and find the right one.

I'm kind of wondering how accurate those pre-fab tapes can be since there's almost an infinite number of arrow/poundage/draw length scenarios. How could those limited number of tapes cover all those possible scenarios? I thought making my own tape, or using one of the programs that generates tapes you can print out, with specified gaps, would be more accurate? No? My pencil marked tape is DURN accurate. I LOVE my CBE sights. They blow ALL the other sight companies away IMO.

Following

Comment

For a 3 pin sight I would recommend having the middle pin in the center of the scope.
              This will give the best and most consistant sight picture, especially for long range shooting.

Comment

Well I got it out this weekend between duck hunts. I had my 3 pins set as mentioned before and walked it out to 60 yards by moving the sight down and marked that spot on my blank tape. When I went to use the gauge tool the original mark and the 60 yard mark were too close together so it didn't even reach the tape numbers on the tool. So from there I just marked the blank out to 80 and was shooting decent groups at 80 so I'm just going to pass on the the pre-measured tapes for now and use the marks I made with the pencil on the blank tape.

I have never shot out that far in the past. That was a lot of fun hitting your mark at 80. I need to make a few more adjustments to be able to shoot farther without the sight housing hitting my fletchings. 80 was quite the challenge so I can't wait to shoot triple digits.

Comment

Wow what bow do you have and what are the specs on your setup

Comment

I'm shooting a Hoyt Spyder 30 28" draw @ 58 lbs. and FMJ 400's cut to 28 1/4" with 100 grain field points. It is setup with a QAD HDX, Axion 3" Gridlock stabilizer and the CBE sight. I love this setup so far. I've yet to take an animal with it but that will come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
                      Well I got it out this weekend between duck hunts. I had my 3 pins set as mentioned before and walked it out to 60 yards by moving the sight down and marked that spot on my blank tape. When I went to use the gauge tool the original mark and the 60 yard mark were too close together so it didn't even reach the tape numbers on the tool. So from there I just marked the blank out to 80 and was shooting decent groups at 80 so I'm just going to pass on the the pre-measured tapes for now and use the marks I made with the pencil on the blank tape.

I have never shot out that far in the past. That was a lot of fun hitting your mark at 80. I need to make a few more adjustments to be able to shoot farther without the sight housing hitting my fletchings. 80 was quite the challenge so I can't wait to shoot triple digits.

Checks your marks via the first tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                        I haven't used one of the pre made tapes yet but I sighted my 5 pin Tek Hybrid at 10 yd increments (out to 80yds) and just marked the blank tape with a sharp pencil. I'm guessing I could hold the pre-fab tapes up against my pencil marks and find the right one.

I'm kind of wondering how accurate those pre-fab tapes can be since there's almost an infinite number of arrow/poundage/draw length scenarios. How could those limited number of tapes cover all those possible scenarios? I thought making my own tape, or using one of the programs that generates tapes you can print out, with specified gaps, would be more accurate? No? My pencil marked tape is DURN accurate. I LOVE my CBE sights. They blow ALL the other sight companies away IMO.

Following

The tapes are pretty accurate for the most part or pretty close. You can fold over the tapes and compare to your marks also like you where thinking at the very least it would give you a good idea of where your 90 and 100 are

Comment

I'm using the number 2 tape and my 409 grain vap arrows flying at 300 fps. So I would guess you miss marked or something

Comment

Working...
                          X