Problem with inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with inconsistency

Just bought the carbon knight a couple weeks ago and I'm at my wits end on sighting the darn thing in. 10 and 15 I'm ok get back to 20 and I'm all over the place no consistent shots at 20 whatsoever. Any advice? Could it be me or something about bow needs adjusting? Shooting 28" draw at 65lbs with GoldTip XT 5575 100grain tips

Was the bow tuned by yourself or a pro shop ?

clearance issues, general tune issues or form ?

Comment

This was a fear of mine. It only weighs 3.2 pounds bare. It will be harder to hold steady. Anyway, what rest are you shooting?

Comment

Qad hdx drop away

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
          Was the bow tuned by yourself or a pro shop ?

clearance issues, general tune issues or form ?
          Bow shop did initial setup and get it close and I've been doin fine tuning at home. Did paper tune earlier and seemed fletching was inline with point hole

Comment

This is what I'm talkin about. Shot 6 times first 4 were low so I moved pin a lil and these were my last 2 shots. I'm gonna shoot more just to see I it was a fluke deal

Comment

so here is my take and I'm not an expert.

when i shoot a new bow I don't worry about the target. Your getting good groups at 15 and 20 then its inconsistent.
              • inconsistent in terms of bullseye but groups are good . . . . i'd bet tuning issue
              • inconsistent in terms of spraying at longer distances . . . . it's you, just shoot more.

it usually takes me a good bit to get decent distance consistency with a new bow, especially when it's a dramatic change from the previous design.

I will say that for 10 years I chased long distance accuracy and when i was shown how to tune my bow I saw my long range accuracy improve dramatically. Eventually take that great bow you've just invested in and do a walk back and broadhead tune. Also if your sight has 3rd axis have that set. . . . especially for a single pin.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                so here is my take and I'm not an expert.

when i shoot a new bow I don't worry about the target. Your getting good groups at 15 and 20 then its inconsistent.
                • inconsistent in terms of bullseye but groups are good . . . . i'd bet tuning issue
                • inconsistent in terms of spraying at longer distances . . . . it's you, just shoot more.

it usually takes me a good bit to get decent distance consistency with a new bow, especially when it's a dramatic change from the previous design.

I will say that for 10 years I chased long distance accuracy and when i was shown how to tune my bow I saw my long range accuracy improve dramatically. Eventually take that great bow you've just invested in and do a walk back and broadhead tune. Also if your sight has 3rd axis have that set. . . . especially for a single pin.
                My inconsistent shots aren't in a group there way off. My old bow is an 04 model so this change is drastic. And idk what 3rd axis is. I have the truglo micro brite 5 pin sight and the pins get smaller at ur longer yardage pins

Comment

Anchor point maybe?
                  If you have a peep sight, throw it away and use a kisser just to see if that's the deal.

I've shot kisser since day 1 and when I try to shoot a peep, my arrows do just what you say. Couple in a group and then spray city.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    Anchor point maybe?
                    If you have a peep sight, throw it away and use a kisser just to see if that's the deal.

I've shot kisser since day 1 and when I try to shoot a peep, my arrows do just what you say. Couple in a group and then spray city.
                    I have a peep but have always used a peep. I think I'm pulling or torquing the bow

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
                      I have a peep but have always used a peep. I think I'm pulling or torquing the bow
                      yeah just keep shooting, thats a pretty drastic technology difference be patient in the end it'll be great

Comment

I've been shooting off and on all day. Group at 20 is better than this morning but still not where I want. Main focus was my anchor point. Been working on that a lot today

Comment

Had my bro in law over today and we shot a bunch. I shot his arrows and was surprised how much better I shot with them. He shoots carbon express maxima 250 not sure why but I shot them a lot better and had tight groups at 20 for the most part. Gonna try them again tomorrow to make sure and if I still shoot better with them I may get me some. Any idea why this is???

Comment

Use center of your nose for anchor point? Have peep height set properly? (Put nose center of string with eyes closed in comfy position and when you open eyes, you should be looking through peep). Keep in mind minute differences in anchor point means inches at 20 and 12-14" at distance (40+).

Comment

Sure you have perfect spine. Arrows might have been problem. Too stiff or not stiff enough with arrow set slightly under lever leaves you with nock tear low through paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X