School me on SABO sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on SABO sights

I am just hearing of this sight for the first time. School me on this please. Pros/cons, ease of setup, low light conditions, etc? Is this a truly peepless sight?

Tuned in for this one as I am curious as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom II View Post
      x2 Only complaint I've heard is the dots are too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom II View Post
        x3

Comment

Hearsay is not too good in a ground blind or extremely bright conditions. But, I've never used one, so I'm utterly useless

Neat concept if they work for you though

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
            Hearsay is not too good in a ground blind or extremely bright conditions. But, I've never used one, so I'm utterly useless

Neat concept if they work for you though
            I thought it sucked ***!!! Of course thats just me.

Comment

I bought a sabo 3 dot sight for my matthews. The red dots were very hard to sight in and I never could get a consistent aiming point because the dots always moved around. I tried putting a kisser button on my string to get the same anchor spot every time but still had no luck. The sight was very flimsy in that it did not feel to secure to my bow and one of my sight adjusters actually broke when i tried to move it. Overall for me,for the money i spent on it around 130 if i remember right, it would of been alot easier to buy a regualr pin sight.

Comment

I thought they killed stuff all on their own!

Comment

I bought a used one off here last year. I like the concept but didn't have good results. I couldn't get the dots to line up. I emailed them and they said the adjustment screws had been over tightened and they would basically upgrade me to a new 'upgraded' sight for about $100, or something like that. When over tightened the coating on the housing flaked off making it to where I couldn't get the dots to line up. The first dot was OK but then the next was off to the left and the third off to the right.

I agree that it doesn't feel very solid.

I did not upgrade it. I just chalked it up to a lesson learned. Looked like a cool idea but just not something that is going to be rugged enough for me to put yet more money into it. If I have to worry about some coating flaking off when tightening up the adjustment screws and then not being able to adjust the sight, it just isn't for me.

Comment

There is always a ton in the bargain cave at cabelas for some reason?

Comment

Working...
                    X