Arrow spin test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow spin test

I never checked my main arrows and BH's for spin inconsistencies.
    Well checked them tonight,
    The arrow that is #1 in my quiver spun prefect
    The second had a wobble at the BH, so I tried changing BH's and that didn't fix it.
    The 3rd is my FP for quick shot tests, not checked.
    The 4th, a heavier arrow for hogs, spun great too.

Should I worry about that one that has a slight wobble?

If you plan on shooting it at a live animal, yes. If they dont spin straight, they probably dont shoot straight.

Comment

Get an arrow squaring tool & shave the face of the insert. Test spin w/ BH & see if it changed.

Comment

I trusted my gut and found another arrow....lol.
        Better than having a gut shot or wounded deer.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
          Get an arrow squaring tool & shave the face of the insert. Test spin w/ BH & see if it changed.
          This

Comment

I'll try that after I get the tool.

Comment

Spin test? I have never done this either.

Comment

If you have a drill press and set at 90 degrees you can make hour own trimmer.
                I used 4 pieces of 3/4 inch oak 3 inches by3 inches and secured all sides and corners. Then drilled a center hole to just be 1/16th inch larger. Then get a coarse grinding stone and spin the arrow onto the stone. This keeps the arrow shaft straight to align the insert, while the stone smooths and squares the insert to the shaft.
                Roy

Comment

This
                  or

This
                  Originally posted by ram6256 View Post
                  I used 4 pieces of 3/4 inch oak 3 inches by3 inches and secured all sides and corners. Then drilled a center hole to just be 1/16th inch larger. Then get a coarse grinding stone and spin the arrow onto the stone. This keeps the arrow shaft straight to align the insert, while the stone smooths and squares the insert to the shaft.
                  Roy
                  should help you out

Comment

I have one arrow that wobbles like no other and it shoots right with the rest. So doesn't matter I don't know

Comment

enewman,
                      Does the arrow that wobbles shoot to the right or shoots correctly. Does it wobble still with a different broadhead on it?
                      If the arrow still wobbles with a different broadhead on it, I would consider squaring the insert. (I am assuming carbon arrow shaft.) If this does not fix it, then I would look at the shaft itself.
                      Roy

Comment

Roy
                        Can you take a picture of this method, I have a drill press. I don't completely understand this way.

Comment

enewman,
                          Does the arrow that wobbles shoot to the right or shoots correctly. Does it wobble still with a different broadhead on it?
                          If the arrow still wobbles with a different broadhead on it, I would consider squaring the insert. (I am assuming carbon arrow shaft.) If this does not fix it, then I would look at the shaft itself.
                          Roy
                          It shoots correctly. My arrows are heavy and slow. I think that is why it shoots okay. If it was faster it might cause a problem. The insert is the problem. I just don't worry about it. It's a hog arrow

Comment

Any pics of homemade arrow testers?

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X