Help why is my arrow doing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help why is my arrow doing this?

Lately while shooting I have noticed that my arrow fish tails to the left before hitting the target. I shoot a trophy ridge revolution rest and my fletchings are not coming in contact with the cables. What am I doing to cause this effect on the arrow??

All of them? Possibly torquing your bow hand

Comment

Could be either a form issue, a rest tuning issue, or your arrows are over spined.

Have you ever shot it through paper to see how it does? Walk back tuned? Any other tuning method?

What is your setup? Bow, draw weight, draw length, arrow, arrow length, arrow spine, point weight, how old are your strings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
        Could be either a form issue, a rest tuning issue, or your arrows are over spined.

Have you ever shot it through paper to see how it does? Walk back tuned? Any other tuning method?

What is your setup? Bow, draw weight, draw length, arrow, arrow length, arrow spine, point weight, how old are your strings, etc.
        X2 need this for a starting point.

Comment

I am shooting a 2012 60 lb diamond outlaw that measures 64lbs with a 29.5 draw length. I have not done a paper tune or anything with this bow. Beaman 340 grain ICS hunter with 100 grain tips and a Trophy ridge revolution rest.

Comment

I would start by doing a paper tune and see if that helps. if you dont have the stuff to paper tune, just walk back tune. your problems may be coming from your rest. if tuning doesnt help, it is because your arrow spine is too stiff

Comment

Fish tailing is usually a poor tune or wind. Even with poor form you should be able to take it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                I would start by doing a paper tune and see if that helps. if you dont have the stuff to paper tune, just walk back tune. your problems may be coming from your rest. if tuning doesnt help, it is because your arrow spine is too stiff
                Please explain a walk back tune so I can perform one.

Comment

someone posted very easy to follow instructions not long ago, a search with the keyword walkback should find it for you.

Comment

I say vane contact. Search Sooner tune, it's step by step.

Comment

This should get you there.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        I say vane contact. Search Sooner tune, it's step by step.
                        I've checked that and turned the fletchings so they do not contact. However I may torque more than I think and they could possibly still touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                          I am shooting a 2012 60 lb diamond outlaw that measures 64lbs with a 29.5 draw length. I have not done a paper tune or anything with this bow. Beaman 340 grain ICS hunter with 100 grain tips and a Trophy ridge revolution rest.
                          I'm betting you are over spined. Is the 340 number what is written on the arrow because if that is what you are referencing the 340 number is the spine not the grain. An arrow weight is in grains per inch not a total grain weight because there is no way to know a total weight because everyone cuts them to different lengths.
                          I shoot 340 and I shoot 28" draw and 73#. At 60# and 29.5 you are probably a tad heavy on the spine.

Try a 125 grain BH and see if that reins it in as that will change the spine a little

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                            I'm betting you are over spined. Is the 340 number what is written on the arrow because if that is what you are referencing the 340 number is the spine not the grain. An arrow weight is in grains per inch not a total grain weight because there is no way to know a total weight because everyone cuts them to different lengths.
                            I shoot 340 and I shoot 28" draw and 73#. At 60# and 29.5 you are probably a tad heavy on the spine.

Try a 125 grain BH and see if that reins it in as that will change the spine a little
                            Agreed, you may need 400 not 340.

Comment

Working...
                            X