Moultrie Game Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie Game Cams

What is your guys experience with Moultrie trail cams ? I have a WGI trail camera on the place that has been eating batteries and dying within two weeks only taking like 300 pics. Went to Cabelas and they are heavy in Moultrie products. Are they good cameras. Price seems pretty good. They had a M60 model for $100. Worth it ? good picture quality ? What says the green screen ?

I have been researching TC's as I am in need of a couple more, I have had moultries in previous years (previous models) that were hit or miss. However, doing some research is showing some of the newer one's to be getting high marks from users and places like chasing game, trail cam pro's, etc.

Use those two sites I mentioned and read reviews from places like Amazon, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. on the camera's that you are interested in and you should be able to come out pretty good...

What I have found shows from my research the M880 gets a lot of good reviews from both consumers and the trail cam folks.. I have not researched the camera you mentioned but I bet you can find all the information you want on it at the sites mentioned.

Comment

Have several M-80XT's and also the new M-880. I like them a lot. Quality pics day/and night (very good IR range). Have over 3,000 pics right now on M-880 with AA Energizer lithiums and still reading 90% batter life.

Comment

I just bought a Moultrie 990i (on-line for $150) and have to say I'm very impressed with it. One word of caution however... I set it in hybrid mode where it takes time lapse pictures and will still trigger on movement as well as night time pictures... My fresh batteries were dead in a week! Whoops

Comment

My Moultrie will last months, my Primos will last a week. I'm ready to throw out the primo's camera.

Comment

I read that about the hybrid mode. I dont have a food plot on the place and really would be using it more for a trail between feeders and bedding area. I do like the 3 shot burst mode option though.

Comment

I think im going to chunk the WGI. I have had it for right at a year and at first it was taking alot of pictures and lasting atleast a month on the batteries. No setting changes or anything and over the past three months its dead within two weeks.

Comment

I had it pointed at a feeder that was at the extreme range of the sensor so I got a good idea of who was hanging out during feeding times without needing to trigger every shot. I'ts a very cool feature but I'll need an external power supply if I turn that back on.

Comment

I have been Moultrie all the way and was sold on them. I have been using the Game Spy D-40 but they don't make them any more. I did a lot of research and found some very negative resports on them all over the net and did some research here:
                  http://www.trailcampro.com/trailcamerareviews.aspx

Academy had a sale on the A-5, D-333 & D444. They all scored pretty low and have some very negative reviews. I found the Stealth Cam Skout on sale as well and it ranks very high. I bought one and have not set it up yet on the feeder but I did test around the house and it is awesome.

Good luck.

Comment

Moultrie Cameras

I recently bought an M-80xt on sale. I have been very impressed with the picture quality and battery life. Been running since the beginning of September and still showing over 50% on the battery

Comment

example of some pics from my 990i on medium resolution (4mp) setting.

Comment

Originally posted by ccampff View Post
                        I recently bought an M-80xt on sale. I have been very impressed with the picture quality and battery life. Been running since the beginning of September and still showing over 50% on the battery
                        When the M80 camera's get down to around 50% it is time to change the batteries because they will generally not last more then a week once they are that low.

I have 20 of the M80 and M80XT cameras and had some over 3 years and not a single problem with any of them. They don't make these models any more as I think the M880 took their place.

Comment

I am using the M880 and they are working great. Battery life is very good. I also have the solar chargers but have not needed to install them yet because the batteries are lasting so long.

Comment

I have a M80 something it's the black out one. It's ok till it rains. Then it takes a week for it to dry out and start back up again. Battery life on it is ok. But I'm buying primos from now on. I have 2 in the woods and one in the mail.

Comment

I have 6 moultries. They are all going strong and stay out about 6 months per year. Usually only change the batteries at the beginning of each year. Godd quality pics. I have been happy with them so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X