No announcement yet.

Cheap Way to Increase Arrow Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were doing this on the Leatherwall 13 years ago... And adding cream of wheat to their arrows, and other amazing, incredible, and unbelievable things.

It works, yes, but I still fail to see the point.

Comment

lol @ Ragin' with the pics.

Comment

500 gn to heavy. **** I guess I need to stop shooting my 750 gn arrow.

Deer destroyer. A 500 gn arrow is no where nere the heavy side of the spectrum.

I have shot a arrow at 1080 gn from my mr5 at 68 lb at 26.5 measured draw. Fps was 187. Yes that is slow , but put them numbers in one of the on line calculates and look at what the ibo is to get that speed at the weight.
        Last edited by enewman; 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I only shoot 40 lbs and get about 230 fps with a 420 grain arrow. I bumped my arrow weight to 500 grain and get about 210 fps. Top that with a Razor Trick and I can make a pass through shot.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            500 gn to heavy. **** I guess I need to stop shooting my 750 gn arrow.

Deer destroyer. A 500 gn arrow is no where nere the heavy side of the spectrum.

I have shot a arrow at 1080 gn from my mr5 at 68 lb at 26.5 measured draw. Fps was 187. Yes that is slow , but put them numbers in one of the on line calculates and look at what the ibo is to get that speed at the weight.
            Never said it was to heavy. He said he got. Better penetration from the lighter arrow so I explained why that might be. But thx anyway

Comment

Anyone who wants to debate this to death would enjoy going to the leatherwall and dragging up old threads from 10 years ago.

That's about the time that carbon arrows were finally starting to be accepted by the traditional bowhunting crowd. They were "from the devil" until the likes of Ron LaClair and Bob Morrison started to sing their praises. Then all the sudden, they were "okay" to use from a traditional bow... LOL.

Ah, the memories.

The "grunt and squat" G Fred diciples notwithstanding, 9 grains/lb. of draw weight has been getting the job done on whitetails from traditional bows for a long, long time now.

But do whatever makes you happy. This game is about confidence in your gear 80% of the time anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                Never said it was to heavy. He said he got. Better penetration from the lighter arrow so I explained why that might be. But thx anyway
                Oops that's what happens when you just scan through the post Happy hunting

Comment

Originally posted by jmm83164 View Post
                  there is an arrow ballistic chart you can get as free phone app that will help you figure the optimum arrow set up for you and your rig . For Android it was listed under hunting apps.
                  The set up it recommended for my rig kicked asp
                  Do you know the name of the app for Droid? I did a quick search and it looked like alot of arrow shooting games at first glance. I appreciate it as I am trying to work out an optimal setup right now.

Comment

The optimum arrow setup for your rig is the one that tunes correctly, and hits where you aim. Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X