assassin vs carbon knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assassin vs carbon knight

im looking into buying a new bow but am doing some research. i really like the carbon knight, but i was comparing it to the assassin and cant find much different besides price. whats the major differences between those two bows because i cant seem to find it. is the knight quieter, or is it the cams or what?? any info would be appreciated. thanks

my roomate has an assassin and its a sweet shooting bow. shoots just as good as my hoyt alpha max. thats all i can add to this post bc i dont know anyting about the knight

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
      im looking into buying a new bow but am doing some research. i really like the carbon knight, but i was comparing it to the assassin and cant find much different besides price. whats the major differences between those two bows because i cant seem to find it. is the knight quieter, or is it the cams or what?? any info would be appreciated. thanks
      Carbon knight is a carbon bow so much lighter.....assassin is a great bow....I shoot one

Comment

Comparing the two the assassin isn't much heavier at all. 3.8lbs and the carbon knight shows 3.2lbs

Comment

I do want a bow with 80% let off tho. The assassin looks like it ranges from 65%-80% how do you achieve the 80% let off out of the assassin

Comment

I've got an 04 bowtech extreme VFT. I'm just wantin an upgrade

Comment

Comparing the two the assassin isn't much heavier at all. 3.8lbs and the carbon knight shows 3.2lbs
              If you hold them both its a pretty big difference

Comment

Both are great bows. Knight has different cams and of course lighter. Both shoot great.shoot em and decide

Comment

Splitting hairs, but, I'll give my take on the two bows.
                  Carbon Knight might be slightly smoother on the shot, but slightly stiffer on the draw.
                  Carbon Knight has pre-set holes for the draw-stop, and the Assassin has a slotted draw-stop groove, allowing some slight adjustment for let-off.
                  On the Carbon Knight, to get a little more let-off, cams will have to be advanced.
                  Carbon Knight comes in on the pre-set a little short on DL. (1/4 inch).
                  Obviously, the Carbon Knight is lighter.
                  Speed is a wash.

Comment

Shoot both and make the decision. Had an assassin and moved to a insanity...never looking back.

Comment

BEtter think twice about a supe light bow, especially in the wind. Very hard to hold something very light as an extension of your hand and arm. Been there and done that with a PREMIUM BOW that was lighter than the Carbon Knight.

Just had to add that little tidbit in there as a knock on Bowtech's advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        BEtter think twice about a supe light bow, especially in the wind. Very hard to hold something very light as an extension of your hand and arm. Been there and done that with a PREMIUM BOW that was lighter than the Carbon Knight.

Just had to add that little tidbit in there as a knock on Bowtech's advertising.
                        I remember that bow.
                        Everytime I shot one, it had so much handshock that my release arm hurt.

Comment

It definitley had some hand shock, but it was their top of the line bow and lighter then the Carbon Knight. Hard to hold still in a wind, so i added about 16 oz with a monster stabilizer!

Comment

Be patient on your choice. Wait for the new bows/packages that will be released soon. You may kick yourself if you buy now. Just gotta trust me on this

Comment

I had an assassin. Super fast and quiet! I like my DXT more but that's just a personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                              X