No announcement yet.

Arrow rest questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say to name the buck you are shooting and on film draw your bow and make sure you get a good shot of the Wb then let her rip!LOL

Comment

Weasel,FYI WB guys are very sensitive.Be carefull how you talk about it(WB.)

Comment

some guy() that goes my the handle "KEEP" has something on another thread about moleskin.....

check out the other WB thread, post #42

Comment

To me it looks like alot of trouble to go through to get a quiet draw.

Comment

Maybe try a little Armor All on the inside of the WB? I have used WB and never had an issue, on calm quite days. Anything not lubricated is going to squeak or make some noise. I've never had a problem with vanes being messed up. Hit a dot at 30 yards so very pleased with it. I have had arrows fall of rest before not using a WB.

Comment

QAD drop away and never looked back

Comment

Armor all wont spook wary bucks either! LOL

Comment

Gold tip 7595. No special snake oil or band aids....just an arrow. Killed doe at 6 yards last year and buck at 4. Shot 2 doe Sunday at 12 and 10 and they still had no idea where I was. I understand the need to fix an issue....but like stated above, my bet is movement or clothes that got you busted. 100's of kills with mine and never been busted because of wb.

And mole skin is waaaayyyy more trouble than replacing a rest...

Comment

Originally posted by weasel View Post
                    Gold Tips
                    GT's are the problem!Shoot the right arrow and problem solved.Thats probably the loudest arrow you could shoot! Beman ICS Hunters or Speed for over 10yrs with usually between 8-12 kills per year with no issues!
                    Last edited by ShaBow; 10-08-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weasel View Post
                      I have been shooting whisker biscuits over the past 10 years or so on 3 different bows. I've always dealt with the small amount of noise when drawing by rubbing some string wax on my arrows before hitting the field, but on those extremely calm days I still get just enough noise that the deer react to. Had this happen to me Sunday morning. Nice 10 point walking down the game trail, dead calm wind, draw my bow back at 25 yards & he spooks. That leads me to my questions:

- Is there something else I can do to make the arrow rest completely quiet when drawing?

- Or should I just step out of the dark ages & get a drop away?
                      I have a fix for that. Keep (Jim) has a fix for it. His is waaaaay cheaper.

Comment

Crap! Miss fire!

Comment

.[ATTACH]558208[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            I have a fix for that. Keep (Jim) has a fix for it. His is waaaaay cheaper.

Comment

Also some people have applied a smooth film to make a WB quiet on the draw.

Comment

Whisker biscuits are awesome and took me about three years to convert! That being said, if you can find a fix then do it, great idea from Ragin'! But if your looking to switch over to a drop rest, take the time and look into QAD HDX (http://www.qadinc.com/2011-HDX.html). Great product, great company and made in the USA. Went through two other products and finally found a winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X