therma cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

therma cell

in your expirience, do the deer smell them?

No. If they do steel it, it is not an alarming smell. I have had deer come in down wind and never even think about slowing down or being alarmed.

Comment

I think they can but its the difference in being able to tolerate being out there or not! Where I'm hunting when I get in the stand they are about to carry me off right now but about 10 minutes after I kick-off the Thermacell they are gone!

Comment

I can get a whiff of it every now and then so I am sure they can smell it
        I play the wind so if they smell it they probably smell me too

Comment

Sure they can smell it. The question is does it spook deer. I don't think it will run them off. If you have a TC in your lap and they smell it - they will smell you.

Just like Mr. Lowry says, play the wind and they will not detect you or your TC if you stay downwind from any critter.

Comment

How did I hunt before thermacel? Turkey season is so much better now.

Comment

I dont care if they smell it or not, I cant hunt without it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BWDean View Post
                ^^this^^ this is no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by BWDean View Post
                  x1000.Try hunting East texas without one.

Comment

I don't care if they can smell it because if they can then they can smell me.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      I can get a whiff of it every now and then so I am sure they can smell it
                      ^^^ saved me some typing

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                        x1000.Try hunting East texas without one.
                        Yep!

Comment

i recently just got a thermacell and i love it! ive been told the can smell it, so i try to cover it up the best i can. but ive only used it twice so far.

Comment

There is a YouTube video (link is around here somewhere) about how to make these refillable. He also goes on to mention that the mosquito coils are the same stuff as the pads, just maybe not as potent. I mention this because as this guy is showing how he breaks up the coils and puts them in the TC grid and holds it in place, he says something about adding your favorite scent to it as well. Anyone actually tried this?

Found the video:
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKb4YX_6Iw4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKb4YX_6Iw4[/ame]
                            That is part 1, part 2 mentions the scent briefly

Edit: Blah, didn't mean to embed it, a link would have sufficed, Sorry

Comment

Do y'all use the regular cartridges or the earth cented ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X