Peep twist and String Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep twist and String Storage

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with my peep rotating after each shot. The peep rotates clockwise after each shot. Is there anything that I can do to stop this or will I have to take my bow to a tech?

Also I won a set of Korbin Bow Strings last year and they are still new in the package. How long will the strings be good like this? I will probably replace the strings on my bow with the korbin strings after this season but I was wondering if I needed to wax the strings or anything while in the package?

Mine does it too.. I tried twisting the d loop to like up with the peep but it just goes back so I dunno...

Comment

You can try rotating your dloop around some so when you draw it will straighten your peep

Comment

If your in the college station area, bring it by and see me and I'll see what I can do. I will probably end up pressing your bow and putting a half twist in your string to bring it back in line. I will warn you tho that sometimes when a string is "shot" and worn out, it can be rather difficult to get that peep the turn correctly no matter what you do. But if your current strings are still fairly new, there shouldn't be a problem. It could also be cause by a peep being incorrectly installed or tied.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
          If your in the college station area, bring it by and see me and I'll see what I can do. I will probably end up pressing your bow and putting a half twist in your string to bring it back in line. I will warn you tho that sometimes when a string is "shot" and worn out, it can be rather difficult to get that peep the turn correctly no matter what you do. But if your current strings are still fairly new, there shouldn't be a problem. It could also be cause by a peep being incorrectly installed or tied.
          Where is your shop located?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
            Where is your shop located?
            3602 old college road. Were right across the street from chicken oil compay. I work tomm 10am-1pm/3pm-6pm. and all day friday and saurday

Comment

He works at Sullivan's Outfitters. Great little shop if you can get in there.

Comment

Might try moving a couple of strands of the peep to the over slot, this will help keep it straight,

Comment

I had the same problem about a year or so ago and after dealing with it for a couple months I took it out to Jack at Outdoor Country and put it on the press and gave the string a twist or two and I was ready to roll. Havent had any issues since.

Dont have any input on your new string in the bag, but figure it should be fine until your ready to use it.

Comment

Mine does that. Mine isn't bad, and it became a lot less of an issue when I went to a bigger peep. With the smaller the peep, the halo was inside the sight housing, and more noticable light was blocked when it was twisted. With the larger peep that makes a halo around the sight housing, the less noticable the twist.

Comment

I know that most people do not like to use peeps with the rubber cord to keep them straight because it slows the bow down a little but I have always used one so that I don't have an issue with the peep when it counts.

Comment

It would also indicate your d-loop isn't tight enough. There is a tool to tighten it, you can also do it carefully with a pair of needle-nose pliers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                          I know that most people do not like to use peeps with the rubber cord to keep them straight because it slows the bow down a little but I have always used one so that I don't have an issue with the peep when it counts.
                          Until that rubber band pops you in the face. Save yourself a lot of trouble and go to a shop and have them put a couple of twists in the string to make the peep rotate correctly. And your in the package strings will last a very very long time without being used.

Comment

Working...
                          X