Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand & Fill feeders?

Anybody try these? Do they throw short?

If you have pigs looks a big-un might cause problems. But I have not used them.

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
      If you have pigs looks a big-un might cause problems. But I have not used them.
      Buddy of mine just bought 4, and I said the same thing. I personally wouldnt go all in until you find somebody that has had a pig up to them and see how the feeder turns out. For what they cost, I wouldnt be the guinea pig....

Comment

I dont have many pigs where I would put this feeder. My concern is that it will not throw very far.

Comment

I cut the legs short enough to fill one of my off the 4 wheeler and honestly I don't notice a difference in throwing distance i am thinking next spring when I rebuild one I am making it short enough to fill off of the ground and see what happens.

Comment

I have one of the All Season Stand and Fills. It still throws far just like the standard height ones, but because of the cage some of the corn does hit the feeder cage and end up under the feeder. We also have the standard All Season feeders equipped with the Eliminator Plate... so no feeder cage. They both throw the same distance, but no loss under the feeder due to the feeder cage.

So I prefer the standard height one's since I don't have to use a cage, but it SO much easier to fill the Stand and Fill and don't have to worry about falling off a ladder or top of the Mule.

Comment

I put up a All Seasons Stand and Fill in the middle of a 10 panel round pen. It's aprox 50 feet across and it will throw past the fence by about 10 or more feet. I am very happy with it and it will be so much easier to fill. It is built very sturdy. If I add another feeder, it will be one of this instead of the taller tripod or winch type.

Comment

Working...
              X