Broadhead for lowpounds, short draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead for lowpounds, short draw

Got my girlfriend set up with her first bow, and she's all excited about hunting this year. She's shooting a mission Craze, pulling 42#, at 25" draw. Arrows are Carbon Express Thunderstorm(8.3gr/in.), 26"" from insert to nock.

Was planning on getting her cut-on-contact heads, like the magnus stingers. However, would Thunderheads work?

Also, what grain size? Right now I'm relatively certain the tips she's using are 100 Gr. Is this too big, too small?

Thunderheads are good broadheads, but I would look at two blade broadheads. Stingers is a good one.

Comment

My wife shoots magnus stinger. Would a chisel tip still penetrate ribs, probably, but why risk it. Use a good two blade like a magnus stinger or even better use an eclipse or zwickey.

Comment

I tried zwickeys a few years ago. Once tuned up right, they shoot awesome, but never could get them sharp enough for my taste... I'm horrible at sharpening things...

Comment

My girlfriend has the same bow with about the same draw weight. She shoots 100 gr. razortricks with good results

I would recommend them

Comment

Go with the stingers. I shot them when I started bow hunting and never had a single problem

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade 100 gr are classics and killer.

Comment

I think the razor tricks would be a good head for a lady to shoot. Stingers are a proven head for low pounds and short draw length too.

Comment

Hellrazors. Or VPA's

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
                    Got my girlfriend set up with her first bow, and she's all excited about hunting this year. She's shooting a mission Craze, pulling 42#, at 25" draw. Arrows are Carbon Express Thunderstorm(8.3gr/in.), 26"" from insert to nock.

Was planning on getting her cut-on-contact heads, like the magnus stingers. However, would Thunderheads work?

Also, what grain size? Right now I'm relatively certain the tips she's using are 100 Gr. Is this too big, too small?
                    Alot of heads will "work". But for optimum penetration she needs a cut on contact.

Viper Trick
                    Razor Trick
                    Magnus Stinger etc...

Comment

My daughter shoots s mission craze at 42-43 lbs also. Shot a pig (70 lbs)
                      Blew all the way through both sides of ribs with a HELLRAZOR

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Alot of heads will "work". But for optimum penetration she needs a cut on contact.

Viper Trick
                        Razor Trick
                        Magnus Stinger etc...
                        This.

Comment

I would recommend magnus stingers for that setup.

Comment

From all the cut on contact broadhead models in the market, the Carbon Express F15 could be a good choice since it has 6 cut on contact blades (4 bleeders)

According to some reviews it flies with great accuracy it`s really sharp right out of the package and best of all they`re lot cheaper than others.

Comment

Slick Tricks

Originally posted by NETX.Bowhunter View Post
                              My girlfriend has the same bow with about the same draw weight. She shoots 100 gr. razortricks with good results

I would recommend them

The Razor Tricks are perfect for lower poundage. Tracy, The SlickTrick Chick (and my wife pulls 43#'s with a 25.5" draw and she shoots the 100 grn. Razors.....we sell them, too

Comment

Working...
                              X