Another chono let down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another chono let down

Well just got back from West Houston Archery....greay folks btw.....I went up there to use their chrono just to see where my bow was at since Ive never chrono'd it before. Well it was a big let down to say the least lol. My set up is a Diamond Outlaw at 70# 27.5 draw shooting a 450gr FMJ a blazing 247-250 fps . I expected more from it I guess but at least it hits where I aim lol.

What grain arrows are you shooting?

Comment

When i had mine shoting 29 in draw and a 367 grain arrow i was hitting 315fps...

Comment

you're shooting 450 grains with a 27.5 inch draw? You are doing great with 250 fps

Comment

Short draw and heavy arrow... But it's still pretty good. At 250fps your arrow is going about 170mph.... Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
            Well just got back from West Houston Archery....greay folks btw.....I went up there to use their chrono just to see where my bow was at since Ive never chrono'd it before. Well it was a big let down to say the least lol. My set up is a Diamond Outlaw at 70# 27.5 draw shooting a 450gr FMJ a blazing 247-250 fps . I expected more from it I guess but at least it hits where I aim lol.
            I wouldn't be dissapointed, there's nothing wrong with those numbers. I think too many people get tied up with the advertised numbers and are let down when they finally test their speed.

Comment

I'm only @ 271fps with a 522grn arrow

Comment

Thats plenty of speed don't get caught up in the speed game.I shoot deer every year with my recurve shooting 170fps and have passthroughs on most of them!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  I wouldn't be dissapointed, there's nothing wrong with those numbers. I think too many people get tied up with the advertised numbers and are let down when they finally test their speed.
                  ^^^

Too many are obsessed with speed

It only matters that you hit what you want to hit

Comment

I'm not that disappointed....it is what it is kind of a deal. It will still kill just as well as a faster bow.....but at least I can hold a consistant group of about 2-3 inch groups at 40 with my "speed demon" of a bow lol. Like I said I guess I was expecting a little more speed.....maybe about 265 or so with my set up, at least that's what the arrow speed calc tool I was using said it was around. Oh well
                    Last edited by BubbaHFD; 09-19-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

It's a real shame the bow manufacturers don't have to be honest about how they get those speeds they post up. By the time you get your string loaded up with silencers, serving, string loop, peep and then add in the shorter draw cycle with a true hunting weight arrow, you have lost a great deal of that almighty speed that you paid for but will never get.

Comment

It's close to my Elite with the same arrows. It shoots where I want, and imparts a lot of KE. Put-em down!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          you're shooting 450 grains with a 27.5 inch draw? You are doing great with 250 fps
                          That is correcto!

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                            there is nothing wrong with your speeds. you are shooting an arrow that is probably 65 grains heavier than 90% of the folks on this site. plus you shoot a shorter draw length, I too shoot a 27.5" so I know what that is like. rest assured my friend you can kill anything in north America with your set-up. I think you've done well.

Comment

Also I have nothing on my string but a peep and loop

Comment

Working...
                              X