Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
    What is so much better about a LD?
    Im not saying it is for you. Shoot what you hv confidence in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Im not saying it is for you. Shoot what you hv confidence in.
      I shoot a WB, but I still luv ya Ragin'.

Comment

1 - Limb Driver Pro V
        2 - WB

Comment

Lol. Ur da man bro.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            Exactly.
            There is no "best".
            I never said the WB was the best, simply failproof.
            Other than your post about David Hale having had a WB failure, I've never heard about another one.
            WE don't all have to shoot the same thing, and we don't all have to have the same opinion about products, and what kind of equipment will kill deer.

I've seen a lot of drop-away failures, out of time drop-aways, and simply improperly installed drop-away rests.
            Beginners want a foolproof rest, so that they can focus on everything else about bowhunting without rest concerns.
            Being a beginner, I shoot a WB.
            One of these days when I feel confident, I might learn something about drop-away rests.
            Get you a pro v. Set it up the way we used to make TM Hunters float at the shot. Then add the cord. If for some wild reason the cord breaks (highly unlikely) you can still make the shot.

Comment

If they ever make a WB that you can shoot FOB's thru, I might just have to try one!

I guess I am just a stickler for checking and re-checking my equipment because I too saw failures, but a lot were user error or the wrong set up or adjustment.

I really wish someone still made an inertia fall away like Barner use to have and the one Black Gold sold off the Barner patent.

Comment

Get you a pro v. Set it up the way we used to make TM Hunters float at the shot. Then add the cord. If for some wild reason the cord breaks (highly unlikely) you can still make the shot.
                No confidence.
                I have confidence in rests like the BoDoodle, and WB.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                If they ever make a WB that you can shoot FOB's thru, I might just have to try one!

I guess I am just a stickler for checking and re-checking my equipment because I too saw failures, but a lot were user error or the wrong set up or adjustment.

I really wish someone still made an inertia fall away like Barner use to have and the one Black Gold sold off the Barner patent.
                I've set up quite a few Black Gold Trap door rests, and when they work, they work well.
                When they don't, it's a disaster.
                I think the LimbDriver is closest to failproof, but I lack confidence in a cord or limb driven rest.

Comment

No confidence.
                  I have confidence in rests like the BoDoodle, and WB.

I've set up quite a few Black Gold Trap door rests, and when they work, they work well.
                  When they don't, it's a disaster.
                  I think the LimbDriver is closest to failproof, but I lack confidence in a cord or limb driven rest.
                  You can make it float like a bodoodle.

Comment

I appreciate all the suggestions from everyone. I think I accidentally opened up Pandora's box here. I actually received a free whisker biscuit brand new in the package. Going to give it a try see how it does. If it doesn't hold up I'm looking at the limb driver.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                      I appreciate all the suggestions from everyone. I think I accidentally opened up Pandora's box here. I actually received a free whisker biscuit brand new in the package. Going to give it a try see how it does. If it doesn't hold up I'm looking at the limb driver.
                      Pandoras box has broad heads in it.

Comment

Pandoras box has broad heads in it.
                        Ragin you know the power you hold with a comment like that!!!!

That being said.... Fixed vs mechanical go!!!!!!

Comment

Ragin you know the power you hold with a comment like that!!!!

That being said.... Fixed vs mechanical go!!!!!!
                          Depending on brand. BOTH!

Comment

I really don't know why these discussions go where they go.
                            Seems like the WB gets relegated to a child's rest, when actually it is the best selling rest on the market.
                            It's the best selling because it's simple and shoots a good arrow without complications. Keeps us in the woods more due to lack of issues.
                            Those of us that shoot WBs are very confident that our arrow will go where we aim, and are right.
                            It is not a sub-par hunting rest, and for other's sake, I'll simply say that there is no other rest on the market that is more reliable.
                            If you choose to shoot a drop-away, that's fine too, but please don't think you'll kill more animals because you have a higher-tech rest.

Comment

I shoot a WB on my MQ32 and a Trophy Taker drop-away on my Legacy....never had a problem with either one of them....both are solid, dependable rests....I don't hear any difference in noise....love them both! And by the way, I wouldn't hesitate to try out a different rest because in this age of advanced high-tech competition, "rest" assured a better product will come along soon!!! Good luck and good hunting to everyone on the 28th!

Comment

I really don't know why these discussions go where they go.
                                Seems like the WB gets relegated to a child's rest, when actually it is the best selling rest on the market.
                                It's the best selling because it's simple and shoots a good arrow without complications. Keeps us in the woods more due to lack of issues.
                                Those of us that shoot WBs are very confident that our arrow will go where we aim, and are right.
                                It is not a sub-par hunting rest, and for other's sake, I'll simply say that there is no other rest on the market that is more reliable.
                                If you choose to shoot a drop-away, that's fine too, but please don't think you'll kill more animals because you have a higher-tech rest.
                                Its the indian that causes more critters to drop.

There is one rest more reliable than a WB. Recurve or Longbow shelf.

Comment

Working...
                                X