Ramcat advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcat advice needed

So after hearing all the buzz around the ramcats, I am thinking about making the switch from my rages to this fixed blade. But, I am a stickler for accuracy. How do these broadheads do as far as tunability and consistency???

I consistently hit within an inch of my field points at any distance with my 100 grain ramcats.

Comment

If you shoot them and they arent hitting consistently or accurate more tuning is definitely needed because they are great in those aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
        So after hearing all the buzz around the ramcats, I am thinking about making the switch from my rages to this fixed blade. But, I am a stickler for accuracy. How do these broadheads do as far as tunability and consistency???
        As good as, a, Rage. I shoot Rage Ti's from time to time. That said my slick tricks are as accurate as my Rage Ti's.

Comment

they fly great,same spot as my flied tips.

Comment

They are the only head that I did not have to adjust anything for them to fly well. They fly exactly like my fp's.

Comment

I was nervous about switching from rages and losing accuracy......until I shot the ramcats!!! They fly true. And for the record, none of my vanes line up with the blades. So screw it on and get out there!!

Comment

Question. How do yall figure loosing accuracy with a fixed anyway? In 27 years if my bow and arrow was right I never had an issue. Or are yall meaning flying with field tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Question. How do yall figure loosing accuracy with a fixed anyway? In 27 years if my bow and arrow was right I never had an issue. Or are yall meaning flying with field tips?
                  Yeah cuz if you bh tune your bow which literally takes me just a few minutes if you use the broadhead tuning chart, your bow should put any bh with fp. And I will broadhead tune with a muzzy practice head every time no matter which kind of bh I am using. This will show you what you paper tuners will never see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Well this is the deal. I tried ALOT of broadheads. This is what I remember. Rages were hitting the same spot as my fp. I screwed on an Exodus and they all consistently hit 2" high and 2" to the right. The bloodrunners hit 1.5" to the left. Ramcats hit with the rages. So in my case I was losing accuracy. If it is a tuning issue, so be it. But 2 pro shops tell me otherwise. Every bow is different and mine "loses accuracy" with some heads.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      Well this is the deal. I tried ALOT of broadheads. This is what I remember. Rages were hitting the same spot as my fp. I screwed on an Exodus and they all consistently hit 2" high and 2" to the right. The bloodrunners hit 1.5" to the left. Ramcats hit with the rages. So in my case I was losing accuracy. If it is a tuning issue, so be it. But 2 pro shops tell me otherwise. Every bow is different and mine "loses accuracy" with some heads.
                      Are they less accurate or does the point of impact just change?

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                        Are they less accurate or does the point of impact just change?
                        I guess when you put it that way the point of impact changes.

Comment

I had a bowshop tell me once that fixed blade broadheads magnify not only tuning issues, but form issues as well - especially torquing.

Their logic was - if you are already having mild torquing issues, your field point groupings may be a a little spotty...with broadheads you'll be spraying the target.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            Ur bow, was a tweak off tune bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 23wyatt View Post
                              I had a bowshop tell me once that fixed blade broadheads magnify not only tuning issues, but form issues as well - especially torquing.

Their logic was - if you are already having mild torquing issues, your field point groupings may be a a little spotty...with broadheads you'll be spraying the target.
                              Please tell me you didnt 100% buy into that. Some thruths there sure but they embellished the hell out of it cuz everyone torques to an extent and piles of folks cant shoot the same dot at 30 yards with fixed heads and not cut fetchings off.

Comment

Working...
                              X