Draw length question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw length question

this is my 30th year seriously shooting archery gear. since i was 15 and all the bows ive owned over the years from Hoyt,Matthews,pse,martin,browning ive always shot 29 inches. Im not a real tall guy 5-8 ish but have orettybroad chest, when shooting 29 i anchored my index knuckle in the crease behind my ear. Fast forward to 2 months ago i bought me another DXT it came with a 28 installed and an extra 29 cam. my first instinct was to go get the 29 cam put on the bow. i decided im going to shoot the 28 for awhile and see. Accuracy is acceptable but i dont feel i have the solid anchor of my ear i have to bend my bow arm slightly to hit the anchor. In my younger days when my eyes were good i wont lots of 3-
    d shoots qualified for ibo worlds a couple times went and shot butcouldnt compete with the best. I keep wanting to draw a little farther with this DXT the bow is tuned sighted in broadheads shooting great. If i change the cam im sure ill need to retune re do peepe and all. Maybe all along ive overdrawn??? i My profile picture is a picture of me shooting a 29 inch DXT do you all think im overdrawing? thanks for any input or advice you all can give

If you measure your wing span, from finger tip to finger tip, and divide by 2.5 you will be very close.
    I have advised some in the past to drop their draw 1/2" and see if their groups get tighter. If they do drop another 1/4" and if they get tighter yet.
    You have to be comfortable at full draw.

Comment

Why would you drop the extra 1/4 in?

Comment

By the pic it looks like you are over drawing a little. Go with the 28". Better to draw a hair shorter than longer. You can always make your D loop bigger to get mi I
        Al increases in draw.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
          If you measure your wing span, from finger tip to finger tip, and divide by 2.5 you will be very close.
          I have advised some in the past to drop their draw 1/2" and see if their groups get tighter. If they do drop another 1/4" and if they get tighter yet.
          You have to be comfortable at full draw.
          X2

Comment

I like to have that little bend in my arm. just more comfortable for me.
            If you hit the wall at full draw then your about the best you can be.

Comment

Originally posted by focushunter View Post
              Why would you drop the extra 1/4 in?
              If 1/2" improves the group and feels more comfortable, then there is a good chance another 1/4" will help more. You can go 1/4" shorter till it is uncomfortable and hard to aim.

Comment

oh ok

Comment

Go with the 28" mod and a 1/2" string loop...should make it perfect with a bent elbow.

Comment

Working...
                  X