Loud bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud bow!

I picked up a Hoyt Alpha Max 32 a couple months ago. Had to have some repairs done before I could shoot it. I took all accessories off my older bow installed on the Hoyt. At first it was fairly quiet but seemed to still have a loud smack to it. I took the factory string decelerator off and installed a limbsaver decelerator and that seemed to do the trick. Well couple hundred shots later my string silencers/dampners fly off in pieces and the rubber module on the decelerator seem to be making a loud smack again. I found a small crack in the rubber module where the string comes in contact. My bow is set on 68lbs and my DL is 30. Is it time to replace the rubber module already with under 500 shots to it? Why did my string silencers shatter into pieces and fly off? I already have way more money into this this bow than what I wanted. Thinking about buying new rubber modules and string silencers?

Try Cat Whiskers instead of a rubber bat wing or Chubb my hoyt crx throws bat wings or limb saver string silencers. As far as the modules I don't know but I have never heard a loud alpha max that's a quiet bow.

Comment

Anybody ever use Norway String Tamer? The modules will fit a 3/8" shaft same as limbsaver.

Comment

I put one on my old Jennings it helped a ton!

Comment

Ok. They have a 2 pack of the rubber mods for $10. Can't go wrong there. I will give the whiskers a shot. I know its capable of being quiet. I have had it to that point for a couple hundred shots and was very pleased. Just want it to stay that way.

Comment

Had the same problem with the exact same bow. I just got used to replacing the string silencers yearly.

Comment

My Hoyt AlphaMax 35 is very picky about timing. If it is a little out of time I get hand shock and noise. When it is in time it is very quiet and zero hand shock. It does throw nearly every string silencer off and cat whiskers last longer but fall apart as well.

Comment

I was told that string stops and string silencers don't go well together.
                I'd ditch the string leaches and shoot a heavier arrow.

Comment

I had an occasional shot where it seemed loud and shock but for the most part its had been quiet. I am thinking I had my string decelerator adjusted too far. Its frustrating. Switch to a newer bow thinking it will be great and so far nothing but bad news. All I want is a smooth, quiet, comfortable bow. Patience has been tested to a Max!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                    Seems to make sense. They flew off in pieces. Guessing there's so much shock applied to them they blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                      This what is your arrow setup?

Comment

The Limbsavers string decelerator (the rubber thing) is really soft and mine split after less than 500 shots. I replaced it with the one the Elite came with and no problems. That alone may not be your problem. Have you checked every allen screw on your sight and rest?

Take off your quiver and sight and shoot it several times. That way you can quickly see if the noise is located in either part. You can do a thump test too, by holding the bow in your left hand, and thumping around it with your right listening for any noise or rattle which will cause a sound on shooting the bow.

I have BowJax string silencers on mine, I found they last longer than the Sims.

There's no correlation between string silencers and a decelerator being used together. Their benefits should be additive.
                        Last edited by Bill; 08-25-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I'm shooting Blood Trail 340. Believe they are 8.2gr. The thing is they shoot excellent and the bow was super quiet. Now that my rubber module has a crack it seems louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            I'm shooting Blood Trail 340. Believe they are 8.2gr. The thing is they shoot excellent and the bow was super quiet. Now that my rubber module has a crack it seems louder.
                            If your arrows are cut to 29" plus 100 grain tip for a total weight of around 340g? Seems a little on the light side.

Comment

W/field point 440g

Comment

Working...
                              X