Length of Arrow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of Arrow Question

I just realized I didn't think this through...I bought some new CE Pile Driver Extreme Pass Through arrows(so I could have a heavier arrow) and then I had the shop cut them the same length as I had on my old arrows, 27.5". Anyways, I'm going Elk hunting and wanted more weight but I should have just left them the length they were out of the box correct? Its worth it to me to get some new long ones if that's the smart thing to do.

The arrows are 10.3 gpi, the half out inserts these arrows come with are 44 grains and then 10 grains for the nock, also shooting 100 grain BH.

I'm shooting 28.5" draw length/ 67#

Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't leave them full length. You will have enough KE with them cut. Good luck on your elk hunt!

Comment

Probably gonna be near 450gr so I see no problem.. I shoot the same arrow at 474gr and had good success on all my animals in Africa including eland and the tough hide of my sable and I was using expandables. Elk no problem with your setup.

Comment

i have the same arrow cut at the same length, and i believe mine are 426 grains(?)
        as long as your bow tunes well with them at the length they are now, i say go for it.

you have enough draw weight and a heavy enough arrow where there should be no problem

Comment

My pile drive pass through extremes are coming in at 464 grains with a nocturnal and 100 gr point.

Yes they are the same length as your previous arrows but chances are you previous shafts were lighter per inch. Not to mention the insert was probably half or less than half the weight of the half outsert.

I'm shooting them out of a bowtech experience 27 1/2 draw 63ish lbs getting about 255 FPS making about 67 ft/lbs of KE. I did not gain a ton however my FOC is increased and when I dial my poundage down and go to 125 gr. BHs my FOC will be greatly increased.

Comment

Working...
          X