Mounted cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounted cameras

What's some good suggestions for a camera to mount on your bow. I'd like to start filming some hunts.

Bowfinger archery makes a mount for your smart phone. And you can get an app for an I phone called movie pro. Which allows you to zoom and then edit your hunts with splice. The play sport is a neat camera too

Comment

Comment

Go-Pro with a skeleton case, I've put it on my bow and shotgun

Comment

For filming hunts I would just use a small video camera mounted to some sort of tripod. The problem with having one mounted to your bow is vibration at the shot and can you hold your bow after the shot to keep the animal in the frame at the shot. I rig all my stands with a camera mount. To me the most important part of filming is capturing the shot and with a bow mounted camera it's no easy to do and usually if your lucky enough to get the animal in the frame the vibration will still makes it tough to see.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            For filming hunts I would just use a small video camera mounted to some sort of tripod. The problem with having one mounted to your bow is vibration at the shot and can you hold your bow after the shot to keep the animal in the frame at the shot. I rig all my stands with a camera mount. To me the most important part of filming is capturing the shot and with a bow mounted camera it's no easy to do and usually if your lucky enough to get the animal in the frame the vibration will still makes it tough to see.
            ^
            ^
            This

Comment

Do you have problems getting the camera set on the deer and then getting a shot off? I really want to try and video this year, but I don't want to risk missing a good buck. Maybe I just need to get a bigger blind and make my wife go with me.

Comment

I've used a bow mounted bowfinger with a Kodak sport in the past. However,as mentioned before, it's poor for viewing shot placement/recovery. This year, I'm doing both it and a tripod mount. With what's available now to us as far as cameras are concerned, why not? Their cheap/easy/and usually use the same cards our game cams use. Of course, I'm a video-the-hunt guy as it seems you are.

Comment

I wear a head mounted GoPro and it works really well for me.

Comment

The biggest thing is to remember to hit record lol I have forgot twice. It's all about camera placement in the stand.

Comment

My friend that films professional hunts recommended the Sony dsc-hx10v or dsc-hx20v. The video capability on them is incredible. I started using my 10v with the insane archery mount and absolutely love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X