GPS info wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS info wanted

Ive been thinking of getting myself a handheld gps. I'm not a real tech savvy person so I need something that is user friendly. Since Im not a techie and Im not certain that this is something I cant live without I am looking for an "entry model." AKA a model at the lower end of the price spectrum. I need some suggestions please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Chase

Garmin 655T. Touch screen.

Comment

I have the Harmon 210 series. Has GPS and 2 way radio. Works great and easy to use.

Comment

That is a hard one. GPS' are like Bows. Each has a different look, feel, ease of use, and features. Some features are important depending on what you plan on using it for. One GPS that one person might find easy to use might be harder for somebody doing something else with it to use.

I've had good luck with Garmin overall. Just about software supports it. I had an eTrex HCx that is now discontinued. It had pretty good battery life and I was able to adapt it cycling, walking, hiking, etc. I could find out when sunrise/sunset was for my area (helpful for hunting.) The mapping interface was quite useless though and would want one of those new larger touch screen versions if I was using it as a map.

Comment

if you have a smart phone there are some apps that you can use out of cell range. I am going to try one this weekend called back country GPS. 9.99

Comment

Garmin. Magellan aren't that user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyITBowHunter View Post
              if you have a smart phone there are some apps that you can use out of cell range. I am going to try one this weekend called back country GPS. 9.99
              GPS KIT app works great and was 9.99 when I purchased it a year back... Works great even if you are out of internet cell phone coverage area... This app allows for downloading map areas if you know you will be out of Internet coverage area so you can still see the map... About most usefull ten dollar investment I have made in a long time...

Comment

I have the old ancient Garmin 12. it's simple I have a ton of info stored in it, every simple to use, keeps 3 or more satellites located and up to 8 so far.
                Very easy to use and can find a mud hole within 10 feet of actual GPS loaction.
                Here in Hawaii elevation plays a huge part about getting lost or finding the truck.
                Well worth the $75.00 I paid for it.

some like fancy, I like something that works.
                Last edited by Greywolf in Hawaii; 08-26-2013, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X