Arrow Fletching???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Fletching???

Well it appears that Nock and Loaded no longer does arrow fletching. Why? Beats the hell out of me so I need to get some arrows done. Guess I will have to go elsewhere. I have heard good things about Double G so I guess that's where I will go!!!

We bought the E-Z Fletch last year and did our own. Just bought the glue and fletchings at local archery shop for super cheap and now we can refletch anytime they get damaged. It is not difficult and the results were great.

Comment

I have considered doing this. I use to have all the stuff but kinda been out of it the last couple of years.

Comment

I fletch my own for years but got tired of the mess and dealing with bad glue or bad vanes. I switched over to the Quikfletch and have been extremely happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375374877.926174.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	24227001

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
          I fletch my own for years but got tired of the mess and dealing with bad glue or bad vanes. I switched over to the Quikfletch and have been extremely happy.

[ATTACH]525619[/ATTACH]
          Does the wrap add weight to your arrow or is it negligible?

Comment

I do my own. I enjoy it. You can also try Austin Archery too. Good guys down there

Comment

FOB's!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post

[ATTACH]525619[/ATTACH]
                X 2..
                boil water n fletch. Your done.

Comment

quick fletches are a temp. fix I have not had them last as long before the start tail whipping. defiantly dont try to paper tune with them. it will drive you crazy!!!

Comment

I use nothing but quickfletch, but I am most likely going to switch to ez fletch simply because it is freakishly hard to paper tune quickfletch.

Comment

I have been fletching my own for years using glue, paint thinner, a knife and a bohning jig I got some years back. There's nothing like the feel of fletching your own...patiently waiting...sailing it off and seeing it hit the mark.

Comment

It's just become part of deer season for me

Comment

Quick fletch all the way.

Comment

I tried the quickfletch that you dip in hot water. At first I was sold on these boogers and in a pinch I wouldn't hesitate to use one if my own arrows weren't cured and ready. But after firing at my target three or four times an arrow they started cracking. Next thing I know they were falling off. With fletchings and glue being pretty inexpensive and accurate as he** I wont blow 14-20 bucks on a pack of quickfletch again. Bit I know a few guys that love em' and swear by em' and that's the beauty of what archery is all about. Getting out there and funding out what gear, tricks, calls and techniques work for you. That's part of the fun and allure.

Comment

Doing it yourself is easy. I just finished these today. Spray paint cresting and and Ez-fletched Blazers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379794125.805219.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24247492
                              Last edited by scotty; 09-21-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X