Best Elk Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Elk Broadhead

Any reccomendations? I want to use fixed blade and am considering Slick Trick Magnums...I'm thinking penetration is the most important factor on an Elk

I was told to use a broadhead that is one piece and cuts starting from the tip. I use Nap HellRazor's which is approved by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Comment

This is like the "best truck" question.. Prob get 100 dif answers.. I prefer Magnus buzzcuts..

Comment

I used Trophy Taker's Terminal T 100gr. Could only pull 51lbs and had a pass through.
        Attached Files

Comment

The best head I have found is a very sharp one any c o c head two or three blade I like the helix head but that is my opinion just pick one you like and in joy the hunt good luck

Comment

Seen a dr put a muzzy on one buried it in to the vertibra droped him were he stood.. One heck of a broadhead

Comment

A good cut on contact that's sharp.

Comment

G5 montec is a fixed 3 blade cut on contact - did a number on a cow I shot last year

Comment

Cut-on-contact, two or three blade (I prefer 2), and very sharp.

Comment

I'd shoot what you and your bow shoot best. Buy a pack of the broadheads in the running and shoot them all and pick based upon which performs best. I've seen many elk take dirt naps at the hands of mechanicals so I wouldn't necessarily rule them out, that said I don't think you can go wrong with Slick Tricks.

Comment

I've killed 3 elk with Rocket mini blasters and watched them all die within 20 yards of being shot...

Comment

I shot 2 last year with Exodus heads and they did very well. Used slick trick in the past and was happy. One bull in NM spun as I released the arrow and I hit him in the hip. Slick trick broke through bone and stayed together. Bull bedded down in about 200 yards and I put a second arrow in him. I killed one several years ago with a G5 stryker and it did fine just the blades tend to come off with heavy impacts. If it were up to me, I would shoot Exodus, Slick Trick(standard or Mags), Viper Tricks, or shuttle T. I have faith in all of them. Shoot what you like that is sharp and flies well. I don't like mechanicals for elk. Its like fishing, use what you are confident in and results typically follow.

Comment

Everyone will know what I will say: Smoke Ramcats! Killed the critter in my avatar so it should kill an elk and did, my 345" 6x7.

Comment

Slick Trick Mags worked for me.
                            Got 2 bulls both dropped quickly.
                            Whatever you choose, just make sure the blades are razor sharp!

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas

Comment

Working...
                              X