Removing Hoyt Limb Decals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Hoyt Limb Decals?

Does anyone know how to do this? I am wanting to remove the hoyt limb decals but not mess up the realtree ap finish.

I'd try a little household vinegar--apply lightly with a paper towel, and watch it. If it works, after you are finished removing the decals, dissolve a bit of baking soda in some water and wipe it on the limbs to neutralize the vinegar.

Comment

Hey Colton,

You might take a hair dryer and lightly run it over the decal enough to make the glue loosen so you can peel it off.

Just don’t get the limb hot...

Comment

Ok what about non acetone nail polish remover it took pse logos off without messing up finish is Hoyt done the same way?

Comment

Its a good.possibility.

Josh, aka whack on the youtube video, uses non acetone nail polish remover. But I've only seen it done on black limbs. Not sure if it would have an effect on camo dip.

I know it won't take off kolorfusion finish. 120 grit sandpaper has a hard time getting that off.

Comment

The polish remover didn't work but didn't hurt the finish so idk if its possible

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has suggested putting other stickers (brand of Bow) over them.

Comment

Talking bout a hoyt not a mathews bud!

Comment

Try Goof Off.
                  Its works on decals.

Comment

I will have to get some on my off days

Comment

Be careful, I my experience anything that will take off the decals will also remove the camo dip finish.

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
                        Try Goof Off.
                        Its works on decals.
                        x2

Comment

Use the hair dryer sparingly, The glue on the sticker will get sticky long before the dip gives away.
                          Two totally different properties of adhesion ..... before the dip gives way the limb will be damaged first. sand a piece of hard wood to a wedge, heat and push once it lifts keep it going.

Comment

And you do know for sure Hoyt uses stickers?

Comment

Working...
                            X