Haybale blind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haybale blind ?

Anyone use a haybale blind ? How do you like it and how does it hold up over time?

Thinking about getting one for my east tax lease . Yes or no!?
    Last edited by h2447intx; 06-21-2013, 08:27 PM.

was wondering the same thing.

Comment

well I bought one so when it comes in ill post up my thoughts , ordered it july3rd fig it would not ship that Friday as stated on the site but maybe this last Tuesday , but no email and I called and no one picked up so, I really don't know when ill get it , was hoping this week .

Comment

Well blind came today will post pics as I put it together.

Comment

Well I'll start by saying I don't feel this blind is worth the price you pay .

You get the hay cover tarp some screws and zip ties. And the wire hog panel and is the thin wire .

You have to buy the wood and so on .

Being that I have one now and know how to put it together if I want another I'll buy just the hay blanket and buy the rest from Lowes or tractor supply. Will save you some money . Any how this is were I'm at and I'll install tarp and hay blanket when j get it in the woods.
          Attached Files

Comment

I use one it is great
            Got it thru Midwest haybale blind
            fun project to finish
            mine is in a pasture with 9 head of cattle
            they messed with it a few time it is still standing strong
            The one I have is the 6x6
            when I have enough post to post pics will post

Comment

Wow they jus ship you lumber and cattle panel?? Or was it already assembled? How much did you pay? Man I'd be hard pressed not to send it back

Comment

No lumber , you have yo buy all the lumber . You get panels tarp and hay blanket some screws and zip ties .

Bes bet buy the replacement blanket 99bucks and get the rest your self .

The blind is 230+-

Comment

Dang makes me glad I have a welder an could build my own... Oh well bud I hope it works good for u

Comment

I have two. They work great. Cows will eat, sit on, play soccer with, etc, etc, etc them. Put them inside your big pen and you will be fine. I elevated mine to insure snakes and other varmints did not call them home. I put mine out or moved them on several occasions. Every time deer came to the pen the same day. I guess they are just used to farmers moving round bales. 230.00 is a pretty cheap blind in my opinion.

Comment

I built mine for 50 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by h2447intx View Post
                        No lumber , you have yo buy all the lumber . You get panels tarp and hay blanket some screws and zip ties .

Bes bet buy the replacement blanket 99bucks and get the rest your self .

The blind is 230+-
                        It looks like it could turn out well. It also looks to me that these folks get over on people…but you already figured that out. Looks fairly simple. What is the “blanket”?

Comment

I usually have to replace the hay about once a year. If your deer are used to seeing hay bales, it works great! I've had deer at 10-15 yds no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                            It looks like it could turn out well. It also looks to me that these folks get over on people…but you already figured that out. Looks fairly simple. What is the “blanket”?
                            The blanket / hay blanket . Thin net with hay trapped inside it covers the blind over the tarp material . I'll see about a pic tomorrow .

Comment

Any update pics of your finished bale blinds?

Comment

Working...
                              X