Anti Torque Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Torque Rod

Read about em over on AT. Decided to give one a whirl on my PSE EVO 6. Bow was already smooth as silk on draw and after shot. For those interested check out Bear Foot Archery. Lots of reviews on AT as well. Still evaluating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369952452.078152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24967121
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369952542.839879.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24967122

Some of the new manufacturers are putting them on their bows for a reason....they work!

I like the flex slide idea pse is using now....looks useful.

Comment

I don't want to have to go over to AT, so what's the deal with these? What do they do?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        I don't want to have to go over to AT, so what's the deal with these? What do they do?
        They help reduce torque on the limb tips of really pre-loaded limbs. Because they have such a short axle to axle, and huge cams, the cable yokes tend to pull the limb tips ar different angles, and loads causing all kinds of tuning issues.

Allowing the cables to slide more in line with the string at full draw reduces the severe angle on them as the cams rotate upon release.

Comment

They allow the cables to slide towards centershot and help to eliminate torque....

Some people don't like them because they make your cables visible in your sight window when fully drawn back. Also, there's an argument againts the bent rod because it changes the torque applied throughout the draw cycle.....some prefer the offset cable slide of elite to the bent rod.

Comment

Anti Torque Rod

What they said however, I have no problem with cables in sight window. Slight adjustment in sight and presto.

Comment

I put one on my Elite GTO. Really helped it out. My only issue is cable now rubs on the the rubber string stop.
              Last edited by Texans42; 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                I put one on my Elite GTO. Really helped it out. My only issue is cable now rubs on the the rubber string stop.
                That's common on elites when switching them over. Might try the Bowjax stopper and see if it clears.

Comment

Working...
                X