Case for Africa??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case for Africa??

Having trouble deciding on exactly what case I want. I know the vast majority will say skb and that is one option I'm down to but would like to hear opinions on a couple others.

My possibilities are:

Pole Mountain
    Pelican
    Badlands terra glide (yes I know it's not hard sided)
    skb

Also open to other suggestions

I have the Pole Mountain and have taken it twice with no problems. I can get my bow, accessories, arrows and 90% of my clothes in this case without going over the 50# limit. It has worked well for me. My second choice would be the Terra Glide, hands down. It is hard to get anything in a case that starts out at 20# and you only have 30#'s to put in it before you go over. I would sell my Pole Mountain to get the Terra Glide. Get it in black and they do not know it is for hunting purposes. It looks like normal luggage and will carry a lot of stuff. Look at the beginning weight on all the cases and estimate how much you can put in one before you hit 50#'s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I have the Pole Mountain and have taken it twice with no problems. I can get my bow, accessories, arrows and 90% of my clothes in this case without going over the 50# limit. It has worked well for me. My second choice would be the Terra Glide, hands down. It is hard to get anything in a case that starts out at 20# and you only have 30#'s to put in it before you go over. I would sell my Pole Mountain to get the Terra Glide. Get it in black and they do not know it is for hunting purposes. It looks like normal luggage and will carry a lot of stuff. Look at the beginning weight on all the cases and estimate how much you can put in one before you hit 50#'s.
      So after being to Africa and seeing what they could do to luggage you would be comfortable with a terra glide? Advice from someone who has made the trek is really helpful. Thanks

Comment

I travel with my bows in duffle bags now. Alaskan guide series from cabelas or some other fly fishing brands like william and joseph. They have one hard/semi hard side. Ive travelled from alaska to kyrgyzstan with this setup. I like how it draws less attention and requires fewer bags.

Comment

The Terra Glides are hard bottomed and on the sides a little. with all the clothes you can put in those things, I would have no problem traveling with a Terra Glide. I flew to New Zealand with a case similar to Terra Glide and it actually went to Australia first and then back to NZ with NO problems. The black Terra Glide is the way i would go or like tex8569 said, in large duffles to hide the fact you are carrying hunting gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            The Terra Glides are hard bottomed and on the sides a little. with all the clothes you can put in those things, I would have no problem traveling with a Terra Glide. I flew to New Zealand with a case similar to Terra Glide and it actually went to Australia first and then back to NZ with NO problems. The black Terra Glide is the way i would go or like tex8569 said, in large duffles to hide the fact you are carrying hunting gear.
            Cool thanks.. I was gonna go black no matter what duffel I got to keep from showing baggage handlers it was hunting equipment.

Comment

Terra Glide I have two and love them

Comment

I had to google it, but hat terra glide looks sweet.

Comment

Pelican

Comment

I've got a Lakewood Bow file. Excellent case and you can put a lot of clothes in it, too. I took it to Canada and back with no issues whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                    X