Slick trick "whistling"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick trick "whistling"

I am testing out the grizztrick 2 and it seems like they have a whistle to them? Does anyone else have this problem??
    I really didn't like the long "field point " it has in front of the blades, prefer something smaller and thicker.. (Tougher)
    I also have been testing the slick trick magnums and it seems like they are a lot quieter . They are also easier to tune with your bow ( smaller cutting diameter)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357303503.707546.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24155450
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357303521.988797.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	24155451
    I am thinking the magnums are better than the grizztrick 2.. What do you think???

Comment

That grizz trick tip is stronger than you think, and the whistling is a non issue when shot at live animals.

Comment

I use both. Both are awesome. Grizz just leaves a better blood trail.

Comment

Shot one deer this year with a magnum(first deer w/ ST) and it ran 8 yards. Big blood, good hole and the arrow screamed through the trees 20 yards behind him before his feet met the ground from his high kick. Personally that sold me, but I dont have xp with the grizz. I had penetration for days so the extra diameter might be that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
            I use both. Both are awesome. Grizz just leaves a better blood trail.
            Do they whistle?
            I hear them very loud ???

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
              Do they whistle?
              I hear them very loud ???
              Do you hear them from in front of the arrow? It doesn't matter, or spook game.

Comment

I hear them on mine I thought it was because my bow was too fast. I shot it out of my wife's bow and it's not as bad. I think the fast the louder it is.

Comment

they all whistle

by the time they know what the whistle is it'll be blowing through em

Comment

All the Slick Tricks I've shot or seen shot have had a whistle. It has to do with the blade angle I believe.

There are other BH's that do it as well. My Solid Broadheads have a whistle too.

I have been downrange and had my friend shoot into a target to see if I could hear it, and honestly, the vane noise was more noticable.....

In the end, I really don't think it's a nuisance sound to game....even if they could hear it, in bow range it's probably too late.

Comment

Can get the grizztrick to shoot straight

Comment

Tomorrow I will double check paper tune... And try it again before I hang the gloves up... In the meanwhile ill be sitting on stand waiting for some pigs... The ol faithful "rage"

Comment

The whistle is just an added feature that makes it cool

Comment

My magnums wistle too i just make sure to aim low.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              All the Slick Tricks I've shot or seen shot have had a whistle. It has to do with the blade angle I believe.

There are other BH's that do it as well. My Solid Broadheads have a whistle too.

I have been downrange and had my friend shoot into a target to see if I could hear it, and honestly, the vane noise was more noticable.....

In the end, I really don't think it's a nuisance sound to game....even if they could hear it, in bow range it's probably too late.
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X