Bow rack for Box Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow rack for Box Blind

What do you guys use to hold your bow when you hunt from a box blind? ive found some that stick in the ground for ground blinds, and others that bolt onto a tree stand, but none that mount to a wood floor or that would hang from the ceiling.

Bicycle rubber coated hook from Walmart or Home Depot. It's big enough that you can put on wall or roof. Good luck, Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
      Bicycle rubber coated hook from Walmart or Home Depot. It's big enough that you can put on wall or roof. Good luck, Merry Christmas.
      That's exactly what I do - rubber coated hook in the ceiling

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
        exactly

Comment

I use the rubber hook as well. I did modify mine slightly, the lip in it was pretty tall, so I chopped it off.

I mounted a plank in the ceiling of my blind for it to hang from. I also added a small eye bolt directly above my chair for a battery operated fan on those hot days.

Comment

Ive concidered that, but my ceiling is 7' on the short side. Woudlnt that put the bow a little to high?

Comment

I always lay across my lap bow hand on grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyhuck View Post
                Ive concidered that, but my ceiling is 7' on the short side. Woudlnt that put the bow a little to high?
                Nah. So long as you can reach it without having to get up, it'd be fine at that height.

Comment

I found a very large hook at wally world that I can mount to the wall. I think it will work, but I forgot my bow so I couldnt try it out for sure. Its about 7 - 8 inches at the furthest point from the wall, so I think it will leave plenty of room between the bow and the wall.

Comment

Do you have any studs on the side wall. Screw the hook into those how high you need it!

Comment

Thats what I did, kinda. the only studs I have ar in the corners. All other braces run horizontal and also act as bracing for the windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X