Quietest Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quietest Bow

Everyone always talks about how fast their bows are. I know that speed is a rather important part of hitting a deer before he can duck the string, but what about being able to hit him without him hearing the string drop?

I ask because I never really noticed how loud my bow was until I tried making some long shots this year, and every time, the deer dodged the string. They didnt just duck, but they were in mid turn by the time the arrow got out to them. My bow (70lb PSE Stinger) isnt the fastest on the market, but its no slug either. Its also got string wiskers, limbsavers, and a string stop, and I still think it sound like a cannon going off in the still quiet of the deer woods.

So, what is your opinion about the quietest bow that you have shot? I cant afford a new bow right now, but it would be nice to know how much I need to save up.

Hey, I know what you mean about not being able to afford a new bow right now. I thought my bow was pretty loud compared to most of my friends' bows, and I was right until I found out about the limb factors and string factors I have on my bow now. I can't guarantee those products would make a huge difference for you, but they've made a pretty big difference for my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo96 View Post
      Hey, I know what you mean about not being able to afford a new bow right now. I thought my bow was pretty loud compared to most of my friends' bows, and I was right until I found out about the limb factors and string factors I have on my bow now. I can't guarantee those products would make a huge difference for you, but they've made a pretty big difference for my bow.
      explain.

Comment

I shot about 10 different bows this year out of them I thought the Mathews Monster Chill was the quietest.

Comment

I have a 2011 hoyt crx 32 bought it knew this year it's really quit u can find these bows used for about 500 I payed 700 new for mine it was on clearance this bow is smooth quit and fast I know it's almost 2 years old but I wouldn't trade mine for nothing right now

Comment

I should also state that Im left handed with a 29" draw, if that makes any difference. I know not all bows are offered in lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyhuck View Post
              explain.
              X Factor Outdoors offers several different products that are meant to improve the quietness and accuracy of just about any bow. I have no affiliation with the company, but I've used their products for over 2 years now and they've worked very well.

Comment

quietest I ever shot was my Z7X

Comment

The quiestest bow I ever shot was a BowTech Guardian, Did.t care much for the bow but it was the quietest I ever hear.

Comment

Don't know the quietest.. Gonna say my
                    Z7x is quiet but not like the old switchback xt.. Bowtech (I think destroyer) my buddy has was LOUD I'd rather shoot a cannon lol

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                      quietest I ever shot was my Z7X
                      X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is a whisper

Comment

Obsession Lethal Force and/or Sniper. You have to hear to believe.

Comment

my z7x is a pretty quite bow, throw a heavy arrow on it makes almost no sound on the shot, its slow but quite. but seriously the best way to quite a bow down is with arrow weight as it makes for a more efficient transfer of energy. with all that energy stored in a bow at full draw upon the shot it goes one of two places:
                          1. into the arrow
                          or
                          2. into the bow.
                          i find the later increases hand shock and noise levels. i'll plug bowjax as well for the extra edge. the heavier arrow will have a slight loss in ke (not that it means anything) and a slight increase in momentum which is what really matters. simply put i think a heavier arrow makes your bow a more efficient killing machine in terms of stealth and performance.
                          Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 12-05-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Z7x

Comment

Dont know if it is the quietest bow out there but my Z7 is pretty dang quiet..and fast. Shot a lot of critters and they are dead before they even know what happened. May very well be some that are more quiet, but not enought to make a difference. Best of luck on finding what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X