Rests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rests

Which rest do you use and why? What is a good one for a cheap price?

I'm using my old code red red zone right now. I use qad most of the time but this is the only rest I had laying around when I bought a new bow. I couldn't afford to buy the qad hdx so I just put the code red on there. Nothing wrong with code red at all, Imo its runner up to qad. Also have heard good things about trophy taker pro fc. Its a full capture style drop away, in the same price range as most high end rests. Also limb driver by vapor trail. I'd really like to shoot one of these rests. Lots of good reviews on this rest. As far as a cheaper rest goes, you can get the qad hunter series for about 55-60 bucks. Its a very good rest Imo. Only lacks a few of the features that the qad hdx and ldx has. I'm kinda interested in the trophy ridge revolution rest myself. It's in the lower price point as well. I played around with one not to long ago at academy and decided it will probably be my next new rest. I liked all the features it has and it is very quiet. You can cock it just like a qad. Even if you come to full draw after cooking it and decide not to shoot and let down slowly, your rest remains cocked still safely securing your arrow. This rest has all the high end features we hard core bow hunters expect at a fairly decent price point. This rest got the nod from several of the veteran archers I know as well. Sorry for the long read hope this helps.

Comment

Trophy Taker Drop Away Pronghorn. I like it because it is simple and easy to work with; I prefer drop away rests and have them on my target bows and my hunting bow.

Comment

NAP Apache...........hard to beat this drop away for the price!!

Comment

I'm a big limbdrive fan. You put it on set the height and center shot and move on. There "almost" no timing with this rest. Put it on and go.

Comment

Price point is a concern for most people, but be careful. I personally would not cut cost where my rest in concerned. If money is a valid issue just buy a whisker biscuit and start saving up for a quality drop away.

I shoot a QAD HDX and I highly recommend it.

Comment

As stated, if you go dropaway(and I would), Trophy Taker Pronghorn or Shakey Hunter would be my choice. These have the wide launcher, and are easy to set up. Basic and reliable, been using for years with no issues. Usually can find used ones for 30-40$(Archery Talk). Good luck. D

Comment

Originally posted by zacm1979 View Post
                Price point is a concern for most people, but be careful. I personally would not cut cost where my rest in concerned. If money is a valid issue just buy a whisker biscuit and start saving up for a quality drop away.

I shoot a QAD HDX and I highly recommend it.
                Or just buy a Whisker Biscuit and done with it!

Comment

I shoot the G5 Expert II,because I want an arrow rest that DOESNT contact the riser shelf,one that contacts the shelf is adding noise to your shot.....just my .02
                  I'm actually looking at going the the Trophy Ridge Revolution due to the fact it contains the arrow unlike my Expert II ........
                  Last edited by BrianW; 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: added

Comment

I shoot a Ripcord and it did contact the bow shelf until I moidified it and now, no contact and no problems with the rest failing at anytime.

Comment

NAP Apache...

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        NAP Apache...........hard to beat this drop away for the price!!
                        As far as price I like this also. But I use a QAD HD on my faster bow and it works great!! Price is higher though

Comment

NAP Apache is the best rest for the price, and maybe just the best rest PERIOD......of course, IMHO.

Comment

I just took a Limb Driver off my EVO, to put an Apache on it.
                            I now have the Apache on both of my (Bowtech & PSE) bows.
                            Do I like this rest? Yes, I do

Comment

Whisker Biscuit

Comment

Working...
                              X