Lighted nocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted nocks

Im sure this has been discussed before but I have a question about lighted nocks and a problem I am having . I am currently using Lumenok lighted nocks on my arrows. The problem is not when they leave the string they light up like their suppose to , the problem is when they hit the deer and go through they turn off, which defeats the purpose. I was wondering are there others having the same problem and even with other lighted nocks and would you recommend switching to a different nock

Lumenok relies on good contact with the end of the arrow shaft. If your nock isn't tight, it could be jarring loose. I've used nockturnals with good results.

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
      Lumenok relies on good contact with the end of the arrow shaft. If your nock isn't tight, it could be jarring loose. I've used nockturnals with good results.
      X2

Comment

We practiced at night a couple of weeks ago. I use Nockturnals and my buddy uses Lumenock. His kept going out on impact. My Nockturnals worked flawlessly.

Comment

Nockturnals have a different switching mechanism then lumenocks. I havent had any problems with them.

Comment

thanks I think I got my answer

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
              spot on. i've used lumenocks, easton tracers and nockturnals.
              i prefer the nockturnals hands down.

Comment

i've tried lumenoks twice, my bil once and a friend once.

Same thing . . . . . lit up on flight dead on contact.

Nockturnals . . . . I'm flying with the pink ladies right now

Comment

I just switched to nocturnals for the same reason lumenoc not very reliable

Comment

I heard some bad reports on nocturnals last month, the new ones made by rage. Has the problem been fixed?

Comment

Its all placebo. I've used both the old and new nocturnals, and the only change is the packaging. I've heard complaints about battery life... Its the same battery and manufacturer as all the lighted nocks. It never changed. Heard they are breaking when stuck in an animal running through brush... The old ones did that too. They aren't weaker than before, just weaker than a standard nock because they had to thin the material to fit the battery and light.

Comment

Nockturnals are the ones to go with!

Comment

Theres Nockturnals and then theres ones that don't light up! Although I've had a Nockturnal or 2 lately that didn't work. Still way ahead of every other one I tried as far as reliability goes!

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                            Nockturnals . . . . I'm flying with the pink ladies right now
                            I just bought some pink ones too. A YouTube clip I watched showed them to be brighter than the red. Nothing wrong with a little pink.....

Comment

I am thinking about making my own with the bobber lights.. You can do it so the turn off and on, but I don't want to add that much weight.. So I might just make them so you have to manually turn them on if you want, and they WONT turn off until you retrieve your arrow and pull it out to turn off. Since the light is facing away from the animal I cannot imagine this being an issue for most setups.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJR8aXSbeE&feature=player_embedded"]Home Made Lumenock Made By Meghan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X