Cut carbon arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut carbon arrows

How can i cut my own carbon fiberr arrows?

I use this but I wrap tape around shafts where I make cut to prevent splintering.

Comment

You must have a high speed saw. How high I don't know.

Comment

dremel tool

Comment

I use a cut-off wheel on a Dremel with a flexible shaft. I hang the tool above the workbench and secure the last 6 inches (the solid part) of the flexible shaft in a vice and make sure it is perfectly horizontal. I built a little platform to set on the workbench that is just the right height to allow me to roll the shaft into the wheel. I then use a G5 "ASD" (Arrow Squaring Device) ti make sure the cut is square.

Comment

Don't.
            An archery shop with a high speed saw designed to cut carbon shafts, is too cheap.
            Fractured, crooked cuts are not worth it.

Comment

Buy an arrow saw.

Comment

Same as Jerp, Dremel and then a ASD. To get them real close to square I need to cut twice, first cut is a 1/4 from final, second cut is on my mark. I have to cut it twice to clear the case of the Dremel on the final.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  You must have a high speed saw. How high I don't know.
                  8000 rpm for carbon shafts is what is recommended. Look, so many folks want to save a few bucks but at what cost? If you cut carbon shafts with anything else other than a high speed tool...arrow saw preferably, then you run the risk of splintering/crushing the shaft. Even if you thing you did not hurt the shaft it can still be damaged and in turn will damage you when you shoot it one day. Please spend the extra few dollars and get the arrows cut properly. Cheers!
                  Fred

Comment

I was wondering how to keep them square......now I know......

Comment

If you`re not used to cut carbon arrows I think you better go to a bowshop and ask them to cut those for you otherwise you may ruin them.

Dremel tools are fine for this job (as a matter of fact I use one for this but to do a good job you`ll also need to work on a kinda small work bench to attach the dremel) too much work, better take the easiest way bro...

Comment

Working...
                      X