Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Destroyer LE Vs Invasion Cpx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
    Ok back.lake country just tested her,the tests at on target archery where done at 72 pounds and the test done just now where at 65 pounds a 26 inch draw 294 fps shooting 337 grain 400 flatline at 64.69 ke.He will tell ya its a good one lol.I am sorry for any mistakes made but it is a little hotter than most insainties and smoother.
    That sounds better! Good speeds for 26" DL!

Comment

Originally posted by JaMan View Post
      Idk with my current 393 or so grams it shoots a consistant 260fps with a drop away,peep and string loop, I would think I would have To go to a 70# dw to pick up another 35fps or so, for the heavier arrows to **** 275
      Have you checked the chrono you used against any others for comparison?

Just out of curiosity....do you have the factory octane strings on it?

Comment

I know right.I liked it better at 72 shooting 309 fps but its more accurate at 65 out to about 70 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          Have you checked the chrono you used against any others for comparison?

Just out of curiosity....do you have the factory octane strings on it?
          yes and yes. I still have the same strings and lake country will tell ya as well it is a little better than some,i was picky when choosing and it just was plain tighter than any of the others.

Comment

I'm going to give my answer but I dont want to be a fan boy . . . . so quick history listen of the dukklr. I shot hoyts for a long bit . . . .loved the cam.5 around 2003-4 I bought, shot a Switchback after tuning problems I shot bought and loved the Tribute. So I was a bowtech fan for a good bit. Tribute, ally, and on and on until the d350 came out.

I loved the d350 it's a great bow but the year it came out the z7 came out. took a lot of sessions for me to decide to go to the z7 and I've now been shooting mathews for a few years.

With that said here's my answer. There is a reason that the d350 is coming out as a "limited edition" a mere three years after it's production . . . . its because the invasion and insanity suck. Yes they are fast . . . but they simply do not stack up to the latest mathews, hoyt, elite, strother offerings out there. Ask yourself this question why would they re-release three year old technology with a few improvements. It's because its the last good bow they made . . . . not that some guys aren't going to rah rah their insanity or invasion but the mass appeal was crap. It didn't shoot anything like the BT's of the past and that's why you try and get market share back by building a bow people liked.

if those were my two choices . . . . d350 all day long

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
              I'm going to give my answer but I dont want to be a fan boy . . . . so quick history listen of the dukklr. I shot hoyts for a long bit . . . .loved the cam.5 around 2003-4 I bought, shot a Switchback after tuning problems I shot bought and loved the Tribute. So I was a bowtech fan for a good bit. Tribute, ally, and on and on until the d350 came out.

I loved the d350 it's a great bow but the year it came out the z7 came out. took a lot of sessions for me to decide to go to the z7 and I've now been shooting mathews for a few years.

With that said here's my answer. There is a reason that the d350 is coming out as a "limited edition" a mere three years after it's production . . . . its because the invasion and insanity suck. Yes they are fast . . . but they simply do not stack up to the latest mathews, hoyt, elite, strother offerings out there. Ask yourself this question why would they re-release three year old technology with a few improvements. It's because its the last good bow they made . . . . not that some guys aren't going to rah rah their insanity or invasion but the mass appeal was crap. It didn't shoot anything like the BT's of the past and that's why you try and get market share back by building a bow people liked.

Bowtechs all about making money. They didn't release it to make fanboys happy, they did it to eek out a some more money in the last quarter of the year.

The invasion/insanity may suck to you, but I believe you're in the minority on that opinion.
              Last edited by 12RingKing; 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Couldn't have put it in better words... Makes sense to me ... In that case should I try and find the 3 year old destroyer?? Or should I go buy the new cosmetic version

Comment

I traded a d350 for the insanity, and if i had it to do over, i would EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I traded a d350 for the insanity, and if i had it to do over, i would EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!
                    I'm curious did you shoot the invasion?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                      I'm curious did you shoot the invasion?
                      Several times. I honestly dont know why anyone would buy one, but thats just my take on em. Horrible draw cycle and the top heavy kick back...no thanks.

D350 was one of my favorites, but my insanity while a meer 2 fps slower is much smooter draw cycle and settles quicker due to the split limbs and riser design. I still think the d350 is a far better looking bow and I shoot the insanity no better, its just a cleaner draw cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Several times. I honestly dont know why anyone would buy one, but thats just my take on em. Horrible draw cycle and the top heavy kick back...no thanks.

D350 was one of my favorites, but my insanity while a meer 2 fps slower is much smooter draw cycle and settles quicker due to the split limbs and riser design. I still think the d350 is a far better looking bow and I shoot the insanity no better, its just a cleaner draw cycle.
                        Isn't the insanity IBO 355? The D350 is 350.....how's the Insanity slower.

I'm the JA that bought an Invasion, but that was before the Insanity. I also bought an Insanity and sold it but kept my Invasion.

IMO the Invasion just shoots better.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Isn't the insanity IBO 355? The D350 is 350.....how's the Insanity slower.

I'm the JA that bought an Invasion, but that was before the Insanity. I also bought an Insanity and sold it but kept my Invasion.

IMO the Invasion just shoots better.
                          Able to squeek an extra lbs out of the D350, and my Insanity is a hair closer to a true 28" add one could be a hair hot and one one the cooler side of speed rating. I aint worried about 2 fps.

I'm glad you like the Invasion, you are the one shooting it. I have a friend that LOVES his and shoots it extremely well.

Comment

Okay...that makes sense. Just curious.

Yeah. I liked the Insanity, just not as much as the Invasion

Comment

i shot and will continue to shoot the insanity so i can compare. It's not a top 5 bow for me.

and I'm not in the minority . . . . . I go to a bow shop that sells all three big names and a few others. Have been told that the BT is their fourth selling bow . . . . no so before the invasion.

Comment

i shot and will continue to shoot the insanity so i can compare. It's not a top 5 bow for me.

and I'm not in the minority . . . . . I go to a bow shop that sells all three big names and a few others. Have been told that the BT is their fourth selling bow . . . . no so before the invasion.
                                I'll give you this Shawn. Thats a smooth sucker you are shootin!

Comment

Working...
                                X