Grim Reaper Broad Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reaper Broad Heads

Anyone use the Grim Reaper mechanical broad heads? I bought them when I bought my new bow this year to try out. So far they fly like field tips. Haven't shot a deer with them yet though. I've had a few people tell me they are the best they have found. But everyone has their own opinion on broad heads. Indians used to use a rock.. aka arrow head.. so they all work if you get a good shot placement haha. I always liked fixed two blade, but I'm giving these a run.

There a great head,as long as you keep them assembled correctly. They use no rubber bands and as you said fly like a field. They make a great cut even With a less than 2" cut radius. I prefer the razor tip SS with a cut in contact tip with an 1-3/8" cut. Just reember that its all about shot placement with any Broadhead. A lot of people are quick to blame a Broadhead when a deer or any game or non-game cannot be found. If you put these where they need to be there's little room for error

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
      There a great head,as long as you keep them assembled correctly. They use no rubber bands and as you said fly like a field. They make a great cut even With a less than 2" cut radius. I prefer the razor tip SS with a cut in contact tip with an 1-3/8" cut. Just reember that its all about shot placement with any Broadhead. A lot of people are quick to blame a Broadhead when a deer or any game or non-game cannot be found. If you put these where they need to be there's little room for error
      X2

Comment

Double post.... But I use them on hogs cause they are so tough. Cut great holes too

Comment

I went to them this year. Only stuck a pig with them so far but a buddy killed a doe with one. I will say that if you shoot one and find the arrow afterwards, the head will most likely be closed up. I have heard people say this before and the aforementioned buddy said his was closed when he found his arrow. The spring loaded blades fold back up pretty easy when it hits the ground.

Comment

never tried them but want to

Comment

Started using them this year. Shot varmits, 200lb boar, WT doe and a 40yd quartering away WT buck. They fly like field point, make awesome cuts and I watched them all drop. But like mentioned above, it's about proper shot placement and keeping them clean, sharp and assembled correctly.

Comment

That's all you'll find in my quiver!

Comment

Took a md doe last weekend with one. They do work.
                  Last edited by tpollard84; 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I've been wanting to try em. I've Heard
                    Nothing But Great Things About Em

Comment

Best broadhead out there Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351618134.976965.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24134733
                      Exit hole from a hard quartering away shot. Even quartering away hard blades did not deflect

Comment

Sorry double post
                        Last edited by txriddle17; 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

That is what I use, They now have a WT special with a 2" cut, It is all about shot placement as already stated

Comment

They are great broadheads, I have been hunting with them for years now. Make sure to keep them sharp after a kill. The blades will close back up after exiting the animal, which keeps the blades protected from rocks, but make sure to clean out the groves after the shot. I like to disassemble them and clean them well before using them again.

The can also be shot in the open position if you prefer, FYI.

"Watch'em Drop!"

Comment

Only kind I'll ever use... killed two bucks with same arrow last year, two separate hunts,lol... it was in perfect condition, both clean passthru.

Comment

Working...
                              X