Drop away making noise when drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop away making noise when drawing

Have a rip cord and when I draw back at about 70% drawn the rest seems to grab the arrow which causes that skipping noise? Any ideas thanks!

I have a strip of black felt on mine, maybe try that?

Comment

Originally posted by Riptide369 View Post
      I have a strip of black felt on mine, maybe try that?
      Ya me too. I pulled it back without an arrow an put the rest as if an arrow was in it. When I got to about 70% the rest does a lil jump

Comment

needs to be taken apart and cleaned out. Seems like your spring is sticking or grit is causing the rest to stick. Only take it apart if you know what your doing, because rip cords can be a pain in the a$%. If you watch a video or two it aint that hard.

Comment

Sounds like your ripcord isn't timed or pull cord might be too short. The motion your talking about (launcher released under spring tension)shouldnt happen until just before you reach the backwall in your draw cycle.

Comment

you might want to try and chance the arrow rest, the new code red comes with felt. I have had this problem before.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryR View Post
              Sounds like your ripcord isn't timed or pull cord might be too short. The motion your talking about (launcher released under spring tension)shouldnt happen until just before you reach the backwall in your draw cycle.
              Im thinking it's to short

Comment

Try a QAD ultra rest I have one on both my bows and have never had a problem with them I've heard a few friends tell me they're not very happy with the rip cord similar situations

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                  Try a QAD ultra rest I have one on both my bows and have never had a problem with them I've heard a few friends tell me they're not very happy with the rip cord similar situations
                  Hmmmm? And I changed from QAD to Ripcord --

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post

And I've read the same about QAD which made me go the way of the Ripcord.....

Guess you cant please everybody...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      And I've read the same about QAD which made me go the way of the Ripcord.....

Guess you cant please everybody...
                      After reading this thread, looks like I will have to switch to a biscuit.

Comment

I have a kaz pro it also makes noise during the draw may have to get some felt

Comment

Wish I knew how to fix it I should watch more when I'm at the bow shop

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                            After reading this thread, looks like I will have to switch to a biscuit.
                            Here we go!

I love my Rip Cord Code Red...

Comment

To each his own not saying rip cord isn't a quality product but I've never had problems with either one of my ultra rests everyone is entitled to their own opinion use what works for you and performs the best on your bow Always gonna be haters out there!!!!! You know who you are!!

Comment

Working...
                              X