2012-2013 hoyt conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012-2013 hoyt conversion

So with the new release on the 2013 Hoyt line, my first question was if I could put "Air Shox" on my 2012 element. I didn't take any major measurements but after taking a good look at the 12 and 13 side by side it appeared to be very possible. I'm about to swap my 60-70 limbs out for some 55-65 so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try the conversion. I get on the phone with Hoyt and order my limbs and then ask about how much the 2013 limb supports and rockers would cost. He told me they wouldn't send a conversion kit because the bows were a little diff. I didn't argue and said thank you. I understand hoyt would much rather sell a 2013 instead of everyone converting their 2012, but I think the conversion can done and would like to try only because I like to tinker with bows. This is not a Hoyt bash thread by any means. Hoyt has always been good to us. Just thought I'd get y'all's input on if you think the conversion would work. Why or why not?

I would say not, especially if Hoyt said the bows were different. Without breaking them down and comparing part to part, it is hard to say where the differences would be, but my bet is inside the machined limb pockets.

Give it some time and once there are some on the market, someone will find a way to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      I would say not, especially if Hoyt said the bows were different. Without breaking them down and comparing part to part, it is hard to say where the differences would be, but my bet is inside the machined limb pockets.

Give it some time and once there are some on the market, someone will find a way to make it work.
      I agree, but the way he told me is what made me think. He said they were different with a little hesitation. Like "I have to tell you that so you don't try It and figure out that they are compatible." I had a similar situation with the Mathews hyperlite awhile back. We noticed the cams from DXT were very similar to the hyperlite cam. When we asked mathews if we could use a DXT cam on a hyperlite the response was "I can't say yes to that question,but I can send you a hyperlite cam". I think this is a similar situation with hoyt

Comment

Ya, someone on AT will spill the beans on it first I'm sure.. I can ask the Hoyt Rep but I'm not sure he would know..

Like has been said, it will come out with a little time..

I'll tell you, my element was quiet already.. But I put on the Muddy ZVT and it got REAL quiet.. Big difference to an already quiet bow..

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
          Ya, someone on AT will spill the beans on it first I'm sure.. I can ask the Hoyt Rep but I'm not sure he would know..

Like has been said, it will come out with a little time..

I'll tell you, my element was quiet already.. But I put on the Muddy ZVT and it got REAL quiet.. Big difference to an already quiet bow..
          I agree with you,that the element is a quiet bow to begin with. I wouldn't be doing this for more noise reduction, just seeing if the average joe could save $$ with a basic conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
            I agree with you,that the element is a quiet bow to begin with. I wouldn't be doing this for more noise reduction, just seeing if the average joe could save $$ with a basic conversion.
            If you are not doing it for more noise reduction then why would you be doing it? Cosmetics? If it does not enhance performance of the product, then why would the average joe want to do it other than looks?

Comment

If you read my orginal post again I stated that I like tinker with bows when it comes to stuff like this. I'd be spending my time doing the conversion. You don't have to do it. But it's something I want to do to see if it would work. As for saving someone money maybe they have a 2012 and want to try a 2013 feature for their liking, then they can.

Comment

I read your first post. Just wondering if it is not for performance, what would be the point of putting a different type of limb dampners on a bow that already has some.

If you figure it out, by all means post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  I read your first post. Just wondering if it is not for performance, what would be the point of putting a different type of limb dampners on a bow that already has some.

If you figure it out, by all means post it up.
                  when you ask a tinkerer that, the best explanation for someone that can't figure it out is to just say something simple as 'why did you change your avatar' or 'why do you have a pic of a leaf in your avatar'.....

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                    when you ask a tinkerer that, the best explanation for someone that can't figure it out is to just say something simple as 'why did you change your avatar' or 'why do you have a pic of a leaf in your avatar'.....
                    lol... Great reply.. makes sense..

Comment

I asked for some air shocks also to put on my bow. They(Hoyt) told me that it wouldn't fit. I figure some one will come out with a copy. But on the 2013 Hoyt's , they made the best, even better. Good luck Paul

Comment

keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by blackforest View Post
                          keep us updated!

i am on a mission to get a solution. I will for sure post if i can make it happen

Comment

Working...
                          X