String Stop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Stop Question

Is it worth the investment? I bought a new PSE recently and didnt think I needed the string stop when buying all my setup parts.

Now I am thinking I should just go ahead and spend the little bit extra and get one, but wanted to get some other opinions. Do they help quiet the bow? Increase acuracy? Whats the real benefit?

I guess I should mention I am new to bowhunting, hence the reason for the novice question.

Thanks

I think it's well worth it for sure..

Comment

String stops are definately worth it. I just put a KTech KSB-1R on my Elite GTO and it is the best string stop I've ever owned. Took out a lot of vibe and quieted the bow quite a bit.

Comment

I took mine off just to see. It needs to be there. Cuts vibration a lot.

Comment

Cuts vibration and string oscillation. Stops forward over travel of the string getting the arrow off the string quicker and cleaner - hence the potential to increase accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
            Cuts vibration and string oscillation. Stops forward over travel of the string getting the arrow off the string quicker and cleaner - hence the potential to increase accuracy.
            ^^^. Just what Red said. And, if you're fairly new and learning proper form, considering your DL is right, it can cut down on the string slapping your arm.

PSE makes one that's adjustable for fairly cheap. I say do it !

Comment

The string slap that Clay mentions is what I found the be the best advantage. And I think the slap was with the string returning to the resting place- not on the trip forward.

Comment

eBay is your friend....... I also used one several years ago on a Guardian I purchased from Mean-V's via eBay. There are different manufacturers out there, and I believe they will benefit you

Comment

I agree that they are a great thing to have BUT NOT NOW! Like I said in the bh thread, you are set up for this year, roll with what you have, don't jack with a tuned bow. That needs to be done after the season so you have time to get used to it and learn the bows capabilities and trajectory and that is done by shooting a set up for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                    I agree that they are a great thing to have BUT NOT NOW! Like I said in the bh thread, you are set up for this year, roll with what you have, don't jack with a tuned bow. That needs to be done after the season so you have time to get used to it and learn the bows capabilities and trajectory and that is done by shooting a set up for a while.
                    Dont listen to this guy. He never kills nothing and shoots a whisker biscuit!!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      Dont listen to this guy. He never kills nothing and shoots a whisker biscuit!!!!.
                      Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1 View Post
                        I took mine off just to see. It needs to be there. Cuts vibration a lot.
                        x2

Comment

Working...
                        X