Draw Lenth Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Lenth Issue

During my last trip to the local sporting goods store i purchased a kisser button to use on my bow. Got home, went to put on my string and i relized that my string at full draw dosent set anywhere close to my mouth. It actually rests about an inch back on my cheek. I brougt this up to my uncle who is a avid bow hunter and he seems to think that my draw is set too long. We measured and im at 28.6"s. We tried adjusting my stop and it threw me way off. I shoot an older Diamond Stud. 29" draw at 60lbs. It feels good. Not like im over reaching to draw back. Any thoughts, and could this cause an issue with accuracy?

IMO you a fine with you comfortable draw length, it doesnt sound like your anchor point is on your troat or anything. As long as you can see your sight picture trough your peep. correct form in my opinion is more shooter specific than "text book". If you shoot accurately and your shots are repeatable then you're good to go. That all being said...if your draw length is too long, you can find yourself "shanking" shots left or right (depending lefty or righty) because your anchor is too far back the pressure of your cheek on the string can cause a slight left to right movement upon string release due to bow torque. I had that problem when I first started shooting. Im by far not a bow tech but just sharing my experience. Again just my opinion.

Comment

Good point. Check out this other post i had related to accuracy and let me know what ya think.

Comment

Working...
      X