Arrow spine for wife's bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow spine for wife's bow?

My wife wants to try to take some pigs with her bow. Her arrows are Gold Tip Lightnings, which I do not know the spine of. They are precut and pre tipped and say "not for use in bows over 35 lbs".

I know it says not to use it in bows over 35, but she wants to crank it up some more, and wants to use broadheads. I'm guessing the 35 lbs thing is a spine issue, so is it safe to assume I can cut off an inch or two to stiffen the spine, throw in an insert, screw on a bhead, and call it good after tuning?

Yep. Get new ones.

Comment

My son shot his first pig with those arrows but he was only pullin 32#'s.They may work it would just depend on how much weight she's pullin,what bow she's shootin, and how short you cut them!But it would be REAL BAD FOR YOU if you did it and were wrong!
      Last edited by ShaBow; 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I called Gold Tip. They said legally they have to tell me to get new arrows because it's printed on the arrow. Then he said "We make them just like all our other arrows. Same thickness, materials, etc. and I can treat it like any other arrow, keeping spine in mind. They are labeled for under 35 only because they are precut and tips glued on and set for that specific spine." I should be good letting her go up to 40 with them 2.5" shorter.

Comment

I would just go ahead and buy some .500 s.

Comment

Probably get her some for her birthday coming up.

Comment

Working...
            X