Vortex Scope review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Scope review

I recently purchased a Viper 3.5x10 - 50 scope for my 270 from Mike @ Arrowsmith. For those of you who have not tried a Vortex scope all I can say is YOU SHOULD.

I sighted it in today in full sunlight so I am unable to comment on it's light gathering at low light.

Clarity is exceptional and maintains full fov from edge to edge from 3.5 x magnification all the way up to 10x.

MOA adjustments are crisp and accurate which made sighting in a breeze.

The BDC reticle are easy to use. Sighted in rifle @ 100 yds. On the first BDC dot below I was 1" high. Bullet drop for a 270 cal, 130 grain hornady bullet is 1.4m100 to 200 yds so adjusting for longer shots in the woods will be easier.

Biggest improvement over the Leo VXIII for me was the fast focus ring. I have diabetes and in the blind over a period of time my vision will change with my blood sugar so this will allow me to maintain a crisp reticle focus. Unlike the leo and more like my Ziezz the fast focus adjustment is easy to use.

All in all it is an excellent scope and I will be buying another in the future. If they ever come out with a 4x16 - 50 in the viper line I'll be all over it.

Carl

I have the same scope and love it. And their customer service is great, a friend had one and crushed the tube when he tightened the rings, they sent him a new scope and a set of their rings for free.

Comment

Ive bought 2 scopes and Bino's. All from Mike. He's the best to get your Slick Tricks too.

Comment

Got one Vortex with lighted reticle--have used it only for hogs at night--does OK, but doesn't begin to compete with my Leupold Vari-X IIs or IIIs.

Comment

Working...
        X