Bad Day Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Day Shooting

Well, let's just say I had lots on my mind as I was doing my final BH tune on my Outback. Stepped up to the 25 yd mark, hooked up the release, drew, anchored, aimed, and squeezed it off--DRYFIRE!

Quick check showed no damage other than a missing peep--quick trip to the shop and got another one tied in and now I'm ready to finish my BH tune. I'm just thankful the bow didn't self-destruct.

Lesson learned? Pay total attention to what you are doing. I skipped a step in my shooting checklist, as in step 1-nock an arrow.

Could of been bad - Glad you and the bow are ok

Comment

Man! That could of been worse. Glad your rig is still good

Comment

Dust, back in Jan/Feb I was putting new strings on my bow, had it tuned exactly what I wanted on the cams, a few too many shoot/adjust sessions. Went out back with one arrow, drew and fired- only I didn't see an arrow. I shot it with no arrow.

It smashed my peep, that was the only thing I could find that was ruined. I ordered a new set of strings/cables that day.

Guess that was my Elite warranty void.

Comment

Glad it didn't turn out worse!!

Comment

Glad everything turned out oka! Anybody on here shoot with an Axcel Armortech pin sight?

Comment

Hope you checked the cam... I did pretty much the same thing

Comment

Take it to a bow shop and have it checked.... glad your ok..

Comment

That bites

Comment

Working...
                  X