Muzzy's fly like fp's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzy's fly like fp's?

Bought some Muzzy 100 gr. four blades and they are shooting a good bit lower than my field points. Has anyone else experienced this?

If your bow is tuned well they should be very close. It sounds like your nocking point is a little high or your rest is a little low. It want show up shooting field points but will with broadheads. The easy fix is to just adjust your sight.

Comment

That may be the "easy" fix but it won't help your penetration. Adjust your noc point then worry about your sights.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        That may be the "easy" fix but it won't help your penetration. Adjust your noc point then worry about your sights.
        I agree

Comment

Here's my take on Muzzy's:

I have shot em' all even the MX's and they will hit with field points..................that is the ones that spin true. Muzzys are aluminum ferrels and I guess that or quality control is the main issue.

I honestly will get 1 in a pack that is perfect, 1 that I can straighten, and 1 that you just say "really?????"
          As long as they spin true, and bow is tuned they are a great head......... until you hit something and must straighten ferrel again

SlickTrick are steel ferrel............not much more..................stupid sharp.................cough cough

Comment

I have had issues with them out of one bow in the past. I know a ton of people with no issues with them

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Here's my take on Muzzy's:

I have shot em' all even the MX's and they will hit with field points..................that is the ones that spin true. Muzzys are aluminum ferrels and I guess that or quality control is the main issue.

I honestly will get 1 in a pack that is perfect, 1 that I can straighten, and 1 that you just say "really?????"
              As long as they spin true, and bow is tuned they are a great head......... until you hit something and must straighten ferrel again
              i see this with mine also...thought it was my insert at first....next year or even possibly later this year ill be going to the ST's

Comment

Shoot it through paper and make sure its a even tear. Should just have a four blade cut. if it rips more paper in one direction you know your arrow isnt flying straight.

Comment

My old style Muzzy 100 grain fly like field points.

I'm sure glad I stocked up on 'em back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X